The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
FMCU (Facilities Management Client Unit)
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
The British Embassy in The Hague is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is looking for a Regional Facilities Contract Manager.
The Facilities Contract Manager role will be based in The Hague (travel may be required - frequency to be confirmed) and will provide customer account management for Holland and some additional sites across the Europe (Geneva/Berne/Amsterdam/Luxembourg yet to be confirmed).
Accountability and ownership of the service performance and facilities expenditure within this region is essential, along with building effective customer relationships. The Regional Contract Manager (RCM) will enable and proactively manage and support the day-to-day delivery of effective Facilities Management services in accordance with agreed contract terms. The role will also ensure that services are delivered to the required contract standards and within agreed budgets.
- Overseeing legal compliance with the Service Provider and Post to maintain a safe and compliant environment in our offices and staff accommodation. Workingalongsidetheoverseas lead for risk.
- Developing and maintaining productive relationships with the Posts within your region, with the customers/building users/FCO directorates & departments and representatives of the FM supplier, ensuring customer expectations are properly managed
- Ensuring that the needs of all stakeholders are identified, communicated and acted upon as appropriate, in line with correct processes and protocols
- Providing clarity and guidance on contractual matters as they arise, ensuring a consistent approach is being taken across the region
- Participate in performance monitoring including providing input and taking part in the Service Level Governance meetings as required
- Act as the Client for all Forward maintenance Register projects, managing the delivery from budgeting to operational
- Budget management, review quotations submitted by Service Provider, ensuring that works are delivered in accordance with pricing model
- Maintaining regular contact with other regional RCMs and service provider staff and team leads to ensure uniformity of service provision and assistance in operational management
The job description is subject to changes and may evolve over time and in response to changing circumstances. The role exists as part of a team and all staff are expected to be flexible in supporting colleagues, particularly at busy times.
Essentialqualifications, skills andexperience
- A comprehensive understanding of the Facilities Management (FM) market, including contract management and technical facilities, ideally with exposure to international facilities management
- Health & Safety legislationknowledge
- Strong communicationand customer engagement
- Supplier management skills
- Goodnegotiatingandinfluencing skills
- Good financial literacy and profit/loss reporting experience
- Ability to evidence capability against the FCO core competencies for this position, namely: Delivering Results; Problem Solving and Judgement; Customer Focus and Communicating and Influencing.
Desirablequalifications, skills andexperience
- Professional qualifications or equivalent in a Property/FM or engineering related subject, and membership of a property/FM related professional body.
- Knowledge of and ability to communicate in one or more of the languages used within the region.
- Good knowledge of EU or regional procurement regulations.
Seeing the Big Picture, Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering Value for Money, Managing a Quality Service
1 September 2019
Type of Position
Fixed term, with possibility of renewal
Working hours per week
Europe, Eastern Europe & Central Asia
Type of Post
Number of vacancies
Starting monthly salary (EUR)
14 October 2019
Other benefits and conditions of employment
The successful candidate will initially be offered an one year employment contract at C5 level. The base salary for this position is €6,559.08 gross per month, based on a working week of 36 hours. In addition, an 8% annual holiday allowance and a monthly travel allowance are payable. The Embassy currently applies a performance based bonus pay model for local staff.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in The Netherlands.
The successful candidate will undergo a professional background check; any job offer is also provisional to a successful security clearance check.
The Embassy encourages a culture of continuous learning. All employees have access to the Civil Service Learning platform which gives access to training to improve job specific skills. Employees are entitled to a minimum number of annual training days.
All applicants must currently hold the independent right to live and work in The Netherlands and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
The British Embassy promotes and demonstrates the key values of Professionalism, Respect and Honesty.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Diplomatic Missions will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Local Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site (operated by Oleeo). Jobs may be advertised on third party websites, however our adverts will always link back to the official tal.net site. If you complete and send an application through any other site, we will not receive it.