Salary: Competitive compensation package
ViaVan is on the cutting edge of mobility and is transforming the way people get around. From on-demand buses in London to the world's largest publicly operated electric shuttle fleet in Berlin, ViaVan's sophisticated mobility operating system is powering transportation in Europe's biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players across the continent.
ViaVan’s headquarter is based in Amsterdam and it has offices in London, Berlin, and Amsterdam, projects in over a dozen markets, and a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years.
As an Accounting Associate, you will work from the ViaVan office in Amsterdam, together with the Finance Director and the controlling team on a daily basis to build a future-proof finance and reporting structure. You’ll develop a unique knowledge and understanding of the business, as you’ll work closely with the other members of the finance team to ensure accurate and timely reporting, that will help efficient decision-making at management level. Your responsibility extends from assisting in the development of adequate reporting, to taking ownership for the financial administration of the various entities across Europe.
Within ViaVan, you will be challenged to develop yourself, and you will play a pivotal part in the future growth of the company. The ideal candidate has an accounting or finance degree with a minimum of 1-year experience in accounting or controlling and the right drive, enthusiasm and ambition to help build an even better ViaVan. If you're someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, is passionate about building the next generation of mobility technology, and never backs down from a challenge, we want to hear from you!
Tasks and responsibilities
- Act as a sparring partner for the Finance Director and the Controlling team in Amsterdam;
- Have significant responsibility related to all aspects of the monthly close;
- Prepare information for the Finance Director to build managerial reports;
- Develop and take ownership of several administration processes;
- Contribute continuously to the improvement of financial processes and reports;
- Be the point of contact for ad hoc questions from different stakeholders.
Education and personal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Economics;
- A minimum of 1 year of working experience within accounting or financial control;
- Working knowledge of IFRS, Dutch GAAP is preferred;
- The eagerness to make a difference in a dynamic, international company with an entrepreneurial mindset;
- The ability to hold your ground in a hectic environment;
- Willingness to explore financial issues that haven’t been addressed yet;
- Strong communication skills and personality;
- Fluency in English is required and German would be a plus.
ViaVan is a joint venture between Via, the world's leading developer and provider of on-demand mass transit technology, and Daimler (Mercedes-Benz), the world's preeminent automotive company. ViaVan is transforming the way people get around. From on-demand buses in London to the world's largest publicly operated electric shuttle fleet in Berlin, ViaVan's sophisticated mobility operating system is powering transportation in Europe's biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players across the continent. ViaVan has offices in Amsterdam, Berlin and London, projects in over a dozen markets, and a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years.
For additional information regarding this role please contact Karen de Geus at Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org or 06-34 22 97 82.