Position of VAT Controller is based in the Heerenveen with possibility of partly working from Amsterdam office as well. Reporting to the Finance Director within the Business Unit and in collaboration with the operation/business control, you will ensure transactions and base information finally used in VAT returns are properly applied in the areas of your responsiblitiy.
Tetra Pak is the world's leading food processing and packaging solutions company. Working closely with our customers and suppliers, we provide safe, innovative and environmentally sound products that each day meet the needs of hundreds of millions of people in more than 170 countries around the world. With over 23,000 employees based in over 85 countries, we believe in responsible industry leadership and a sustainable approach to business. Our motto, "PROTECTS WHAT'S GOOD™," reflects our vision to make food safe and available, everywhere.
Position of VAT Controller is based in the Heerenveen with possibility of partly working from Amsterdam office as well. Reporting to the Finance Director within the Business Unit Cheese and Powder Systems and in collaboration with the operation/business control, you will ensure transactions and base information finally used in VAT returns are properly applied in the areas of your responsiblitiy. You will have to propose correct setup in the reporting of transactions, follow up and check on detailed transactions to ensure compliance and to secure structure is working.
- Perform pre-analysis on the business trade flows and contracts to support Global Tax team in VAT treatment decisions;
- Analyse the impact of the tradeflow on the setup in the ERP system and advice on changes where required;
- Drive VAT alignment improvement initiatives through providing guidelines and assistance in all types of local and cross border transactions to secure VAT Compliance;
- Support tax training and information sessions;
- Analyze transactions to secure VAT obligations fullfiled as base for the VAT reports;
- Setup and align on critical controls to have in place to safequard VAT compliance;
- Support business on tax audit;
- Interact with legal advisors and compliance teams to ensure legislations changes and VAT registrations are reflected in the ERP system and communicated to the business;
- Support in preparation of VAT audit documentation;
- Ensure that the organization meets its tax obligations and objectives and complies with all relevant laws and regulations by controlling the relevant and underlying transactions.
We believe you have:
- Accounting/finance/business degree;
- At least 5 years experience gained in taxation;
- Expertise in finance and accounting flows;
- A good grip on systems and data;
- Fluency in English is essential, both written and verbal, Dutch is nice to have;
- SAP knowledge is essential;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel essential;
- Experience with tax matters, assessing risks, developing solutions together with business operations, working with external advisors, drafting necessary documentation;
- Experience with Tax audits;
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of international accounting standards (IFRS) - Tetra Pak Group Reporting Requirements, (FRM), - Local legal requirements;
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of how to use defined accounting systems and other systems
- The ability to establish strong governance structures and establish and document the necessary processes and controls to adhere to the governance
Your personal qualifications:
- Ability to work in structured, enterprise wide and formalised systems;
- Strong analytical thinking;
- Self-driven, energetic and mature personality;
- Precise and high attention to details;
- Very strong project management and communication skills and the ability to manage a range of stakeholders at various levels;
- A proven track record on delivery and change management.
- Competitive base salary
- Performance bonus
- Pension plan
- Company phone / laptop