Wish is looking for an experienced VAT & Compliance Manager for the EMEA region. You will be working from the Wish EU Headquarters in Amsterdam and will be responsible for all aspects of VAT and Compliance.
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that connects hundreds of millions of consumers with the widest selection of products delivered directly to their doors. Our mission is to provide everyone access to the most affordable and convenient shopping experience on the planet. Wish supports 500,000 merchant partners as well as over 300 million users who rate Wish the best mobile shopping app on the iOS and Android platforms.
Founded in 2011, Wish has raised over a billion dollars from top funds, such as Temasek, DST, GGV Capital, Founders Fund, and Jerry Yang's AME Cloud. Wish is headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in Shanghai, Toronto, Dublin, Amsterdam, and more.
What You'll Do
- Working in a quickly changing environment, i.e. EU and individual member states legislative changes and communication to / requirements from the tax authorities
- Managing relationships with tax authorities on behalf of Wish in respect of VAT, communicating regulatory requirements, deadlines and ensuring compliance
- Constantly balancing the search for new improved ways of working together with the sustained implementation of changing requirements
- Ensure full compliance of administration and reporting of VAT and Duty on behalf of Wish and ensure that all tax payments are complied with
- Monitor changes in EU tax legislation related to the importation, storage of owned / consigned goods that could have an impact on Wish and manage the introduction of these changes throughout the business
- Providing VAT support on transactions and projects supporting tax planning and optimization projects in order to increase efficiency
- Monitor compliance against EU tax risk / management policies
Coordinate, facilitate and host internal and external tax reviews and audits
The ideal candidate is passionate about Wish and e-commerce, has a strong analytical mindset, deep understanding of compliance, and has the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment delivering against tight deadlines, and a passion for scaling operations through automation.
You are a proven VAT and Compliance Manager with an in depth knowledge of current and upcoming EU and in Country VAT legislation. You have:
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Accounting, Tax and related field required
- 5-10 years of related work experience
- Strong knowledge of EU VAT and Duty
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organization skills; adheres to deadlines
- Highly results focused with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent team player, able to develop strong relationships with colleagues and peers and build productive working relationships across functional areas
- Understanding of financial concepts and transactions and basic statutory accounting skills
Competitive Salary and Opportunities for Growth