Salary: € 50.000 - € 61.000 gross a year
Varo Energy is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Team Leader Financial Operations for the FinOps Trading team, based in Rotterdam. The FinOps team in Rotterdam consists out of 5 members (including the Team Leader). Currently Varo Energy is bringing two AR/AP invoicing teams together who will reporting into this role. As the Team Leader Financial Operations you are responsible to ensure the work is carried out in accordance with the established procedures and guidelines. This is to make sure that the administrative and financial processes surrounding the Supply Trading administration and Sales administration are carried out efficiently and timely. The registrations should be correct and up to date and you are responsible to ensure communication takes place correctly and most importantly: in time.
The operations consist out the successful day to day financial operations which relate to the financial settlement of trading deals and sales deals. Operational tasks of the teams include processing of incoming and outgoing invoices in our trading and accounting systems, with a strong focus on correctness, completeness and timeliness of transactions.
The Team Leader Financial Operations will supervise to make sure the trade receivables with third parties to contribute to our credit control process. In order to do this you keep in regular touch with colleagues of the Trading department, Operations, Accounting and Tax as well as counterparties outside our company.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- You exchange information on administrative/financial issues/work related to business activities on a regular basis. This includes:
- Questions relating to the processing of financial movements (invoices/payments/receivables/debts etc.);
- Changes in the business that affect administrative processes;
- Information on regulatory developments affecting financial processes/results;
- Request and/or provide information required to carry out the monthly financial closing;
- You have periodic and ad hoc consultation with Financial Operations teams from other Varo Group branches regarding activities, progress processes and incidental issues with the aim of setting up and monitoring the processes within Varo Group unambiguously and efficiently.
Education and Skills
- A bachelor degree in Finance, Business or Economics;
- A proven track record as a leader who can unite and motivate a small team;
- Fluent in English and Dutch language; both written and verbal;
- Advanced experience with MS Excel;
- Strong communication skills; an inquisitive conversation partner for colleagues of cooperating departments;
- Hands-on: prepared to pick up extra projects where required;
- Basic knowledge of derivatives.
VARO is a young, dynamic energy company, which was founded in Switzerland in 2012. Their core competencies are refining, storage and distribution of oil products to wholesale and retail in Benelux, France, Germany and Switzerland.
Varo sources crude oil for their refineries in Bavaria, Germany, and Cressier, Switzerland, where they manufacture products such as gasoline, diesel or heating oil. Then, Varo transports, stores and distributes it to their customers in Benelux, France, Germany and Switzerland. Varo deploys risk management strategies to optimize the value of these assets and flows.
Varo is investing in this market by building a network of refineries, storage tanks and distribution channels to secure the reliable supply of oil products for heating, transportation, construction and the petrochemical industry in North West Europe.
For more questions about this vacancy, please contact Eline van der Stee at 06 18 91 35 41 or via firstname.lastname@example.org