Are you a digital wordsmith who’s driven by data? Are you curious about what makes a customer click and how to drive loyalty? We’re looking for an e-commerce copywriter with an analytical mind, passion for user experience and a background in B2B and B2C, tech and digital.
Sitting in the heart of our fast-paced Technology department in the Amsterdam HQ, you’ll work collaboratively with teams of UX designers, coders and developers to create an engaging and seamless multi-platform booking experience for millions of travelers and properties worldwide.
This role requires a results-focused, strategic thinker. Someone less set on ‘the big idea’ and more intrigued by what little details can make a huge impact. As such, you’ll be required to carry out your own copy-led experiments with business goals in mind, test your hypotheses and examine detailed metrics.
Almost everything you write will be translated into 42 different languages, so you’ll be a key point of contact for a large team of translators, aware of cultural sensitivities and able to communicate your ideas and context in a clear manner that works for local markets.
- Write short copy that drives conversion, increases click-through rates or impacts other key metrics determined by product owners or other stakeholders
- Use data and key metrics to measure the impact of various copy requests and transform those insights into measurable ideas
- Create multiple copy experiments to test common persuasion techniques, analyze the metrics and create a copy strategy
- Submit copy to language specialists, ensuring they are provided with a sufficient context (both conceptual and visual) for translating your ideas to a local audience
- Collaborate with a team of fellow copywriters to ensure customer-facing or B2B copy is consistent across all platforms
- Respond to enquirers from language specialists that may require additional context in order to satisfy translation requests from your teams
- At least 3 years’ experience in online B2B and B2C copywriting with an emphasis on digital, e-commerce and tech.
- Familiar with data metrics and experimentation techniques
- Excellent communication skills and an impeccable eye for detail
- Native level in English, and at least one other language (preferred, not essential)
- Ability to approach tasks with a ‘can-do’ attitude, work well independently and in a team
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation. We also offer what we call the “Booking Deal” with other competitive perks and benefits.
Please apply via our website with your English CV and portfolio or writing samples! We are looking forward to hearing from you!