Are you experience in the field of managing large teams within a production environment? Do you want to contribute to the transition of our factory, with great plans for the future? At Danone we are currently searching for a:
Unit Manager Manufacturing
(location: Zoetermeer – fulltime)
About the Job
This role is part of our Specialized Nutrition factory located in Zoetermeer and reports directly to the Supply Point Director and is part of the Plant Leadership Team. In this factory (with over 500 Danoners) we produce specialized liquid medical nutrition contributing to the well-being of vulnerable target groups (infants, elderly and sick) in over 55 countries.
Your main responsibilities
As a Unit Manager you are responsible for the Filling & Packaging departments within our factory. You have the functional management of Quality, Technical Services and HSE, with 5 direct reports (100 indirect). In a changing and dynamic environment it’s important to motivate your teams and lead by example. You lead the unit by developing the structure, use systems, and coach and develop the teams in your scope.
From this pivotal position within Nutricia’s Zoetermeer Supply Point you will be responsible for:
- Ensures and leads the development and output of the Unit organization for the full SQCDME, identifying needs & translating these into execution plans, structure & procedures of the unit organization and organizes the communication and information requirements between stakeholders
- Leads the Unit organization by developing structures, using systems, delegation, coaching and developing
- Assesses needed competencies to ensure delivery of unit objectives and acts upon the outcome.
- You are member of Plant Leadership Team and contributes to setting up and executing operational strategies in the area of HSE, operational efficiencies, quality initiatives.
- Develops & controls the budget of the Unit organization
- Ensures timely development of projects with regards to capacity, innovation, growth, including resource planning from a production perspective
- Constantly review, challenge and develop the manufacturing processes, as well as methodologies and programs, and the capabilities to meet current and future business requirements.
- Formulate, implement and deliver the manufacturing strategy
We are looking for someone with a MSc degree with at least 5 years of relevant managerial experience in production/ manufacturing environment preferably working in food, pharma or the medical device industry. You have experience with managing large teams. Moreover, you have a proven track record of improvement and change projects.
In addition, you fit this role perfectly because you are/have:
- You have a Master degree in Technical Engineering, Food Technology or in a related field, added with at least 5 years of experience in a management position in which you work closely with Production and other stakeholders (must have);
- Relevant working experience in a Leadership position demonstrating hands-on capability with strategic insights;
- State-of the art manufacturing knowledge and proven track record with improvement projects and change processes;
- Strong people leader with People management, people development and organizational development skills and experience;
- Accountable & Decisive, always pushing for the full result and have the agility to work in an ambiguous environment;
- You have good communication skills and are fluent in Dutch and English.
Danone’s mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies. Click here to discover more about Danone in the Benelux.
At Danone, we offer a complete package of benefits, with a competitive primary salary and yearly bonus, but also benefits like a premium free pension, 30 days annual leave and several discounts on a collective health insurance and even on some of our products.
Are you the Unit Manager we are looking for? Hit the “apply now” button now. To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our career website.
Need more information? Please contact Toon Fleminks, Talent Manager Quality & Research & Innovation via Toon.email@example.com.