DISCOVER your opportunity
Are you ready to gain experience around underwriting insurances in financial lines? Would you like to work in a fast growing, entrepreneurial practice? We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Underwriter to join our Financial Lines team as an allround Underwriter – if that could be you, please get in contact.
We are currently seeking an Underwriter Financial Lines who will be underwriting in the Benelux territory for Professional Indemnity (PI), Cyber and Management Lines (ML). The Underwriter will have co-responsibility for proper risk selection, mix of business management, pricing strategies, adherence to underwriting guidelines and quality analysis for the lines of businesses PI/Cyber and ML.
We invent the new to help the world move forward. Combining powerful analytics and deeper insights with bigger ideas and innovative solutions, we free up our clients’ potential, thereby fulfilling our own. Take it seriously. Make it fun. Know it matters.
What will youressential responsibilities include?
· Underwriting business within the agreed business plan and individual authority
· Building and maintaining relationships with brokers and clients
· Reviewing submissions including applications, policy wording, loss runs, and financial reports while conducting appropriate research to determine degree of risk for each account
· Proactively advising, assisting, servicing and following up with clients on insurance and risk management matters to ensure satisfaction and fulfillment of their insurance requirements
· Maintain awareness of all claims advised while supporting and providing input on settlement of claims
· Actively promoting the AXA XL brand within the Benelux market
· Working collaboratively in a team environment, assisting underwriters, underwriting assistants and management team
· Expand and manage the PI / Cyber / ML portfolio with profitable and sustainable growth
· Establish strategies and action plans with the Underwriting Manager Benelux andwith the product line Chief Underwriting Officer for Professional Indemnity, Management Lines and Cyber.
· Ensure workflow and service standards
· Oversee business development,generate submission flow to meet specific targets,andidentify up-sell/cross-sell opportunities initiatives with other lines of businesses
· Anticipate market trends and keep track of specific underwriting issues
· Developcustomer relationship management initiatives in coordination with Client Distribution Leaders, particularly with brokers and Risk Managers of main Benelux corporations
You will report to the Underwriting Manager Financial Lines Benelux
SHARE your talent
We’re looking for someone who has the following abilities and skills:
· University degree in business or law
· About 1-3 years of Financial Lines underwriting and/or sales experience, with recognized knowledge and abilities overall with Professional Indemnity, Management Lines and/or Cyber
· Excellent local market knowledge and very good reputation in the market
· High negotiation, communications and presentation skills
· Analytical, proactive and communicative, takes on an active approach
· Ability to work independently and in a team and the ability to add and share knowledge to the Underwriting team and AXA XL organisation
· High working capacity and resistance to pressure
· High level of personal integrity
· Fluent in spoken and written local languages and English