Senior Business Controller – Triodos Bank - Zeist
As a senior controller at Triodos Bank you navigate the bank as one of the financial co-pilots supporting both management as the business.
The group controlling department is primarily responsible for interpreting, combining operational and financial information. As result all associated (financial) analyses and internal reports are created by the Senior Business Controller. The team is transforming from scorekeeper towards strategic advisor with as consequence more demand from the controllers insight. With data visualization and advanced analytics they are moving towards a more professional way of working.
The ideal candidate has at least a master’s degree in finance or economics, 5+ years of work experience and feels attracted to work in an international, ambitious and pioneering environment.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for review and analysis of financial and business information for actual reporting in order to inform and advice Executive and Senior management;
- Challenge the business on performances and identify risks and opportunities;
- Analysis and follow up of monthly financial performance explaining variances compared to budget vs. forecast and KPI’s;
- Co-operate in initiating and monitoring the three-year planning, annual budgets and rolling forecasting for all units;
- Initiate improvements to further standardise and automate our reporting (using Cognos/Tagetik for consolidation/budgeting and QlikSense for data visualization);
- Ensure continuous improvement and addes value of the reporting, budgeting and forecasting function;
- Work in projects (for example: design and configuration of our group wide solution for Budget and Forecasting, migrate our consolidation tooling and implement IFRS standards).
Education and skills
- Higher education/academic work level;
- At least 5-8 years of experience in Financial services (in Business control or consultancy);
- Experience in working with automated accounting and reporting systems and Business Intelligence (date warehouse);
- Strong analytical and communication skills (In English)
Money always sets something into motion. At Triodos Bank, with our 1.600 co-workers, we are making money work for positive societal change. Inspired by this mission, for almost 40 years we have been financing businesses, organisations and projects that seek to achieve positive change in societal, ecological and cultural domains. We are enabled to do so by savers and investors who wish to contribute to an honest, sustainable and humane society. We only invest in the real economy and do not trade in complex financial products. We furthermore make a point of knowing all the sustainable entrepreneurs that choose to bank with us. People make the difference: at Triodos Bank we are very aware of this. Together we actively contribute to a sustainable society, and this obviously starts with our co-workers. Several regular moments of reflection and our systematic attention for personal development help ensure that we can make that difference together. We keep each other focused and are all dedicated to the Triodos Bank mission. Triodos Bank conducts its administration at the local offices in the countries where it operates. On behalf of the Triodos Executive Board, and based at the head office in Zeist, Group Finance, Control & Tasks performs the internal and external reporting (e.g. to Dutch Central Bank) and the financial analyses regarding all of the Bank’s activities.
For additional information regarding this role please contact Jan van den Berg at 06 – 39 37 95 97 or Jan.vandenBerg@greenbergnielsen.nl.