- Make proactive contributions to the development of Training and Development strategy for ONE in Europe and Africa
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of tools, systems, policies and training aimed at development
- Take an active and initiating role towards establishing a continuous learning environment by finding ways to create, capture, transfer, and mobilize knowledge within the organization
Ocean Network Express (ONE) is a leading global container shipping company, created from the legacy of the three Japanese line companies now united as ONE. The vision is to take the container shipping business to a new level connecting oceans and continents with our extensive liner network service portfolio across over 100 countries.
ONE has a global fleet of more than 250 vessels, actively participate in all major global trade lane, run the latest IT systems and have an extensive terminal ownership portfolio. The global headquarters are in Singapore with regional headquarters in Hong Kong, UK, USA and Brazil.
The core value of ONE includes Quality, Reliability, Innovation and Customer Satisfaction built around a business in which we pride ourselves on Teamwork and Best Practice.
As Training and Development specialist you are going to:
- Build in cooperation with sub HQ HR GM a transformation plan to enable ONE to become one team with one ONE culture
- Actively build training resources for ONE, by designing core training courses, selecting core external training modules, and by seeking IT products that support learning and development, while focussing on enhancing organisational effectiveness and impacting staff motivation
- Organise, deliver and follow-up on training activities, in line with training & development plan and within overall budget, while working closely together with key internal customers, aiming at maximal and visible return on investment and a high internal service delivery
- Develop, implement and coordinate development programs, policies and tools (e.g training catalogue and support talent Management training), ensuring an adequate supply of skills and competencies across the organisation, so that this supports the organisations' effectiveness and enhances employee motivation
- Provide advisory and tailor- made training towards business leaders. Propose, implement and manage programs and projects aiming at continuous and future-focussed improvement of organisational effectiveness and overall quality of the company's human resources
- Actively formulate in cooperation with sub HQ GM HR a transformation plan to enable ONE to build a ONE culture by providing training programmes, etc. (for eg. on vision, mission, values), which will enhance the creation of one culture for ONE and transform the organisation towards the future strategy
- Produce and monitor the ONE-wide training plan by identifying and prioritizing training and development needs and activities, based on organisational direction and overall HR strategy and input of key internal customers aiming at the establishment of a continuous learning environment
Breadth & range of responsibilities
Remit across Europe and Africa for Training & Development
- Strong people orientation
- Conceptual thinking
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Min 8 years experience
- IT systems expert & qualified trainer
You will be part of a team which is made up of a bunch of driven, motivated and ambitious people who sincerely believe in their human capital.
Attractive salary package and benefits.