As part of the Global Trade Compliance Team you hold the line on financial sanctions, embargoes, customs/import, export controls, and anti-boycott across the company's footprint. You will provide compliance insight and regulatory expertise along with operational support to all business units.
An exciting, fast-paced, growing global transportation company.
- Review control-based transaction holds for export and import transactions using Oracle Global Trade Management module.
- Review Restricted Parties Screenings hits.
- Review trade documents for global tariff (HTS) classifications and export classifications (ECCNs) for hardware products, components, software, technology, and technical data.
- Review technical specifications, work instructions, design and drawings for prototype parts to assign accurate classifications for export/imports and support global shipment transactions.
- Under supervision of Global Trade Compliance management and Customs Compliance Specialist, conduct HTS classification in accordance with the World Customs
- Organization rules and country-specific notes. Advise Logistics and Supply Chain teams on compliance with Uber-mandated requirements on commercial invoices, customs declarations, export/import authorizations, and recordkeeping.
- Integrate and ensure compliance with Uber processes for country of origin and customs valuation principles with a focus on the proper declaration and recordkeeping/accounting of assists.
- Create and maintain records for all import/export licenses and classification reviews, ensure quality control of data.
- 2-3 years experience in global trade compliance transactions
- Strong classifications experience with export control laws (ECCNs) and tariffs regulations
- 1 year experience reviewing restricted parties screening hits
- Familiarity with an ERP system such as Oracle Global Trade Management or SAP for order processing
- Professional Export/Import certifications not required but preferred.
Interim assignment with possibility for a permanent contract. 40 hours a week, based in Amsterdam, but anticipated travel of 10% of the time.