Trade Compliance Administrator
Our Trade Compliance department works from our EDC (European Distribution Center) in Bleiswijk, the Netherlands. Currently, the team consists of 5 people (3 team members, a daily operational lead and a senior manager). This Trade compliance department is involved in multiple tasks related to import and export of the goods of Life Technologies. With regards to import, we have daily contacts with our forwarders in order to provide them with (customs) clearance instructions with regards to our shipments. We are an AEO licensed company with multiple customs licenses which allow us to use multiple simplified customs procedures. In order to keep our AEO certification we are constantly monitoring our procedures and work instructions in order to make sure that we keep a guaranteed level of quality within our customs/trade compliance affairs and make improvements to our processes where needed.
Key words within our process are:
Import declarations, Export declarations, Storage, Forwarder instructions, Customs documents, T1, Dutch customs, NVWA Health Certificates, CITES products/licenses, AEO monitoring, Origin determination, Classification, procedures, monitoring, no 9-5 mentality, team player.
We are looking for:
An enthusiastic administrative person who is willing to assist us in our daily operational activities on our Trade Compliance department in Bleiswijk, the Netherlands. The function is a full time function (38.75 hrs). Experience with any of the key words above is a benefit. We can/will work with you to develop to the required level of knowledge and experience. We offer you, a position within our Trade Compliance team where we work in an informal atmosphere. If not present yet, we can also offer you a customs related training (Basis opleiding declarant) for which good knowledge of the Dutch language is required. Last but not least, we offer several internal trainings on multiple Trade Compliance areas within our Thermo Fisher University program.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, Diversity & Inclusion is vital to the future success of our organization. It’s not just something we do, it’s who we are. It enables our colleagues to openly share the wide range of perspectives they represent, creating an environment where differences are truly valued, authenticity is a state-of-being, and everyone feels they belong and can do their best work.
- MBO level
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in similar role
- Excellent interpersonal/ client relationships skills
- English and Dutch skills in writing and speaking are essential
- Result oriented and excellent communications skills
- Experience with SAP/E1 (nice to have)
- Basic customs knowledge is a benefit
- Basis opleiding “Declarant” preferred
- Analytical skills required
- A healthy portion of curiosity and willingness to take a deep dive in TC/Customs matters
- Responsible for administration and operational day to day business associated with export/import compliance
- Ensure record keeping and archiving requirements are being met
- Daily contact with forwarders/customs brokers
- Assists with updating and maintaining policies, procedures and guidelines
- Assist in the management of freight forwarder and customs broker compliance
- Interact with internal functions; distribution, export, import, finance sales and external service providers amongst others
- Administration around monthly customs declaration (GPA)
- Guiding customs officers and health authority officers at official audits
- Ensures compliant smooth movement of goods from and to the EDC
- Screening of export orders on denied parties or parties of concern
- AGS import declaration administration.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.