Toxicologist, Global Product Stewardship
- Reference Number
- Sittard-Geleen, Bergen op Zoom
- Job Type
- Vacancy Category
- Manufacturing & Engineering
The purpose of the toxicologist position is to apply toxicological expertise and lead research and scientific evaluations for products and raw materials, application of toxicological and risk assessment principles to ensure safe and sustainable products, and to advise on hazard communications for employees and customers. In addition, the toxicology position requires the incumbent to monitor and communicate new and emerging issues in the field of toxicology that have SABIC business impact and participate in the development of a SABIC Product Stewardship culture thru engagement and facilitation of SABIC product compliance with Product Stewardship policies, standards, and strategy.
- Provide technical advice and critical interpretation of toxicological data relative to individual chemicals and final products and conduct human health and environmental hazard evaluations and risk assessments
- Evaluate the safety of products and raw materials and prepare GHS classifications, toxicological profiles, robust summaries, chemical safety reports, workplace exposure standards/guidelines, MSDS health hazard, toxicological statements, and other related documents.
- Key member of risk assessment teams for various needs such as new raw material approval, new technology analysis, product life cycle reviews, green chemistry/sustainability programs, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Design, place and manage toxicology research in a sound and scientific manner for new and existing products and raw materials required to comply with global regulations.
- Represent SABIC on a variety of external networks such as participation in advocacy/trade groups and SIEFs, interactions with regulators, government scientists and key customers world-wide
- Attend scientific forum, workshops, training courses, present and publish important research, and publish research in peer-review journals.
- Member of team responsible for coordination of required exposure/hazard data to support REACH readiness.
- Support Product Stewardship Product Safety and Regulatory Affairs teams to respond to customer and employee product inquiries
- Ph.D. in Toxicology or related discipline
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Industry experience in toxicology
- Familiarity with OECD and US EPA OPPTS testing guidelines
- Hands on experience with HPV or REACH risk assessment process
- Chemical advocacy through participation in trade industry groups and technical consortia
Job Specific Skills:
- Hazard assessment of chemicals & polymers
- Risk assessment of substances of concern
- Toxicology study management
- GHS classification
- Support raw material introduction process
- Commercial product hazard communication creation
- Support customer/employee product issue resolution
- Product stewardship project support, planning, and implementation
- Project management
- Effective collaboration
- Strong written & oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal & influencing skills
- Strong quantitative & analytical skills
- Product regulatory advocacy
- Human health and Environmental toxicology
- Risk assessment techniques
- Research management experience
For more information about this role you can contact: Ingrid Schellens, Recruiter, tel +31(0)646103085
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request dependant of local regulations.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered
People Who Can
SABIC, headquartered in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Petrochemicals, Specialties, Agri-Nutrients, and Metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend. At SABIC, we believe in using chemistry to power the ambitions of our customers, business partners, employees and societies we live in. We call this “CHEMISTRY THAT MATTERS™”.
In Europe, SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets. Discover more at sabic.com/careers
Apply for this job
Email these job details to a friend
Back to search results