Wat doe je als Technoloog Substation Design (IJV) (Technoloog) bij TenneT?
As technologist, and as part of Asset Management, you are responsible to give technical direction to TenneT’s platforms (offshore substations) in the Dutch and German North Sea. Together with your colleagues in the Netherlands and in Germany, you will make sure the policies and requirements for offshore substations are fit for intended use during the whole life cycle, now and in the future. Here, you will use of the existing knowledge within the Asset Management and Grid Services departments
TenneT has started the development of 2GW HVDC grid connections. You will play a key role in the development of these new innovative platforms. TenneT intends to standardize these platforms to a large extend and will therefore perform an extensive Front-End Engineering & Design (FEED) in 2020-2023. The main focus of your expertise will be on the mechanical, structural, layout and interfaces disciplines. The HV electrical and telecom disciplines are covered by others.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Improve, develop and draft technical specifications for the offshore platforms
- Act as expert and actively contribute as knowledge carrier;
- Participate in relevant internal and external knowledge sharing groups, driving the Offshore ambition;
- Participate in tender processes. Explain our specifications to, check the offers from and discuss/negotiate with possible suppliers. Select together with the purchasing department the best possible supplier;
- Take care of quality of delivered products from suppliers together with the project teams responsible for realization of the grid. Secure the quality of our assets with regard of the expected lifetime;
- Advise on the technical solutions during the project realization phase, or check the proposed solutions on quality;
Wat verwachten we van jou?
- You have a Bachelor or preferable Master degree in Mechanical/Offshore Engineering or a comparable discipline;
- You have extensive knowledge and experience in designing and developing specifications for offshore platforms. You have knowledge on platform auxiliary systems (HVA/C, Cooling systems, Cranes, etc.), and safety rules for platforms;
- You have a wide experience in platform developments, gained in O&G or in E industries.
- You are cost conscious and widely employable;
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly and to become acquainted with a range of topics.
- You have good communication and negotiation skills and are able to organize and schedule activities well;
- You show initiative, you are persuasive, sensitive, aware of your stakeholders and capable of balanced judgment;
- You are dynamic, enthusiastic, intrinsically motivated, you take your responsibility and ownership (committed); no 'nine to five-mentality';
- You are fluent in Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing.
- Willingness to travel.
Wat kun je verwachten?
TenneT is a solid stable employer that shows high growth, performing a crucial role in society. A company with one of the biggest investment programs in the country and relations with a wide range of institutions. Within TenneT, Offshore Wind is one of the most revolutionary developments with an attractive long term outlook. TenneT is globally a top offshore grid developer, being the biggest investor in the German energy transition. We offer a responsible function (salary range between EUR 5000-EUR 7000 gross per month, 40 days leave, 8% holiday allowance, 6% end of year bonus, EUR 60 gross per month medical allowance, good pension scheme) within one of the most dynamic settings in the energy sector in a fascinating and dynamic international working environment.
Duty station for this function is Arnhem.
An assessment can be part of the application procedure.
At entry, TenneT performs a Pre-Employment Screening.
Waar kom je te werken?
TenneT is Europe’s first cross-border grid operator for electricity. With approximately 21,000 kilometers of (Extra) High Voltage lines and 36 million end users in the Netherlands and Germany we rank among the top five grid operators in Europe. Our focus is to develop a north-west European energy market and to integrate renewable energy. Taking power further.
In September 2013, over 40 parties in The Netherlands agreed on the Energieakkoord, setting targets and intentions for the transition to a more renewable energy supply. Based on this agreement the decision to realize 3.500 MW of offshore wind energy. In 2019 the Roadmap 2030 has been published resulting in another 7.000 MW up to 2030. A roll-out strategy is being prepared for the medium term, including the IJmuiden Ver (DC) projects. The 2x2 GW submarine HVDC connection from offshore wind-farms in the North sea to the Dutch electricity grid.
The Asset Management Offshore department (AMO) is responsible for the grid connection development, the design and standardization, the O&M strategy, the technical framework-setting and the asset specifications for the offshore grid development in the Netherlands and Germany. This includes the X-Win projects in Germany, the AC offshore wind connections in the Netherlands, the offshore interconnectors, and the future HVDC offshore development on the North Sea.