Title: Technical Support Engineer - OnCommand
Schiphol-Rijk, NL, 1119 PZ
Technical Support Engineer: Provides technical support to field engineers, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting and debugging complex software or network systems. Responds to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning software. Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering. May be involved in customer installation and training. Provides support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order to work successfully with customers in high stress and/or ambiguous situations.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Solid understanding of the following protocols and applications and troubleshooting thereof:
- Storage concepts and infrastructure
- Database principle, query building
- Networking concepts
- Familiarity with monitoring protocols
- Basic understanding of
- Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Virtual infrastructure
- Remote authentication methodology and data collection on remote systems
- SAN connectivity methodologies for storage systems
- Knowledge of the following technologies will be considered an asset
- OnCommand products suite
- NetApp Storage System operating systems such as Data ONTAP
- NetApp solutions developed around specific applications such as FAS, E-Series, Metrocluster, Solidfire, etc
- Scripting or programming languages such as Python, JAVA, Perl, etc.
- The usage of tools, logs, and support tools needed to analyze system issues (such as perfstat, packet traces, ASUP logs, etc.)
- NetApp High-Availability (HA) technology
- NetApp / industry relevant certifications (i.e. NCDA, NCSE, CCNA, RHCA, VCP, MCSA, etc)
Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.
Job Segment:Technical Support, Engineer, Cisco, Database, Developer, Technology, Engineering