For our client – an innovative and growing company in electrical systems sector originally from Amsterdam yet operating internationally – we are currently seeking an experienced Technical Support Engineer specializing in Electrical Engineering.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you provide 2nd and 3rd line technical support and advice from the Amsterdam office to the international customers (dealers based internationally). In addition, you contribute to increasing the level of knowledge of customers and colleagues by providing advice, feedback and training. You work with two direct colleagues in Amsterdam and the Technical Support in the countries with local offices.
- Answering technical questions from the clients in the Netherlands and abroad both by telephone and by email
- Supporting colleagues in our foreign branches
- Writing technical manuals for buyers and colleagues
- Testing and simulating problems with installed equipment
- Reporting desired product improvements
- Creating and assessing RMA requests (Return Material Authorization)
- In exceptional cases resolve malfunctions on location
- You have a technical MBO / HBO education, preferably in the field of electrical engineering
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience
- You communicate easily and you enjoy answering questions from customers
- You have a good command of Dutch and English. German is an advantage
- You work accurately and can organize yourself well
- You are energetic, solution-oriented, flexible, curious and enjoy working in a team
- You are used to working with Windows and Microsoft Office, Salesforce is a plus. You have experience working with software in systems and products
- You are willing to travel incidentally
What do they offer:
- An informal, enthusiastic, innovative and professional team to work in
- Many opportunities for self-development
- A direct contract for one year to start with that can be followed by an indefinite contract (long term job!)
- Public transport – fully paid; driving is reimbursed up €200 per month – free parking in Amsterdam!
- Pension scheme
- Discretionary performance bonus