By joining us as a Process Simulation Technical Specialist you will use your knowledge of simulation systems and domain knowledge of client industries to define and implement Digital Twin solutions for our customers. A Technical Specialist is the reference point for others and will provide support to both internal and external customers by using product knowledge and skills.
Furthermore, you will be responsible for the delivery of the Digital Twin solution, in accordance with a schedule and hours budget that has the approval of the relevant Project Manager and, where appropriate, utilizing the Emerson Automation Solutions global resources and standards. This is predominantly an operations role. However, you will work across the full project lifecycle, including: Opportunity Identification/Sales Support, Solution Development, Project Execution and Post-Implementation Analysis.
If you are a driven professional with strong problem-solving skills and can-do attitude, then we are inviting you to join our European team!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL PLAY AN IMPORTANT PART IN:
- Work with a Business Consultant and (or) Solution Architect to validate solutions which address identified customer pains and present them in a suitable form, understandable by the customer, including non-technical personnel;
- Identify and assess opportunities and provide appropriate technical implementation strategies;
- Be the technical reference within your field of expertise throughout the sales process, by providing support to the team, offer input into proposal generation and resource estimation and assess the technical risk associated with potential work;
- Ensure a good fit between order content and our product / execution capability by guiding scope definition throughout the sales process;
- Assist in developing sales support material which can be used by European front offices;
- Present technology or solutions during customer/sales events or seminars.
Project Execution and Support
- Support and execute projects that involve technologies within your field of expertise by being the adviser for Project Managers and/or Project Leads;
- Participate in and lead customer support activities such as: site surveys, feed studies, troubleshooting / support call resolutions, system modifications and trainings;
- Organize internal knowledge transfer - undertake regular knowledge updates, using workshops where appropriate, for the European Engineering team with respect to their specialist fields;
- Work closely with best cost centers to develop support and execution capability;
- Ensure that the Companyrsquo;s quality control processes and relevant standards are followed.
Process, Product & Solution Improvement
- Identify possible improvements to the sales and project execution processes;
- When encountered, highlight potential improvements to the Emerson products used;
- Analyze executed projects to identify elements which could be used to benefit future projects;
- Assist in defining and creating standard solutions to maximize effectiveness;
- Assist in developing implementation capability for solutions based on the supported technology within the organization.
- Identify and produce marketing material based on work performed such as quantified business results for projects undertaken;
- As required, develop and manage relationships with key third parties, such as vendors of complementary technologies
FOR THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED:
- Engineering Degree e.g., Chemical Engineering or Control Engineering with experience in process engineering;
- Minimum 5, preferably 10 years of relevant process simulation experience in various industries;
- Detailed technical knowledge and experience implementing operator training systems;
- Good knowledge and proven experience with dynamic simulation and modelling of processes in software such as Aspen HYSYS, UniSim, Petro-SIM, Mimic etc.;
- Knowledge of process control configuration is a plus;
- Extensive experience with direct client contact and managing expectations;
- Enough process understanding to be able to work comfortably on new engagements on processes where there is no prior knowledge and be recognized as an expert;
- Local language skills with proficient English (verbal and written) and excellent interpersonal skills; Preferred second language: German and/or French;
WHO YOU ARE:
You are self-motivated, goals-oriented, customer focused individual, passionate about making an impact and always act with integrity. You are not afraid to question the status quo by proposing creative solutions to problems.
Our Offer to You By joining Emerson as a Process Simulation Technical Specialist, you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and exceptional innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help foster fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with %2417.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.