Responsible for the technical sales and support of Biotechnology products as assigned in the territory, acquiring and analyzing sales and market information, assisting in promotion efforts, and advising management on market and sales strategies. Actively promote and provide information on instrumentation, consumables, software and technical services to new prospects and current instrument users and owners.
Our client's technology enables scientists around the world to improve lives by advancing discovery. From the first low-cost light sensor filtered for the waveband absorbed by plants to pioneering the development of near-infrared fluorescence detection systems for DNA sequencing, our client's strives to provide innovative solutions for researchers.
Our client's Bio sciences is a leading innovator in systems for plant research, gas analysis, drug discovery, protein research, and small animal imaging.
Actively sell our client's Biotechnology products in the territory. Includes qualifying and follow-up of sales lead generated by our client's from ads, news releases, shows, mailings, etc.
Implement an effective follow-up system for inquiries and sales, and nurture leads to the point of sales closure. Gather and summarize data for evaluation of market impact, share and market strategies. Assist in selling outside of territory as needed.
Generate new potential sales leads from existing contacts and customer contacts.
Evaluate and recommend where product demonstrations should be done, arrange logistics, and assist in doing product demonstrations.
Give technical presentations for customers, including seminars and workshops. Conduct on-site product demonstrations including help with logistics, install and start-up of systems, run samples, and adapt, optimize, or develop protocols to meet customer requirements.
Represent our clients at exhibitions and conferences and where necessary give presentations.
Maintain consistent customer contact for on-going sales of reagents, consumables, service contracts, additional equipment, as well as finding new sales prospects from existing users.
Advise management in helping to formulate the overall marketing plan.
Analyze current sales and future sales potential in the territory and develop a sales plan to maximize the market potential. Recommend goals for sales and market share.
- MS or BS in biology or related field with a minimum of 3 years of lab bench experience in a research laboratory.
- 3+ years of proven successful field sales experience in high-end capital equipment to life science and drug discovery researchers in academic and bio-tech/pharmaceutical companies - may consider related biological/analytical field sales support experience in lieu of direct sales experience.
- 3+ years of direct experience preferred in selling or supporting products for applications in protein expression and/or image analysis.
Familiarity with key customer accounts in their region.
- Extensive knowledge of Proteomics research, techniques, and applications.
- Proficiency in presenting technical seminars and instrument demonstrations.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), interpersonal skills, and sales skills.
- Able to travel (Europe and International).
Exceptional primary and secondary working conditions within a challenging and dynamic organization with driven and passionate colleagues. Furthermore, there is an informal work environment and a good perspective for the future to grow into the organization.