Support the non-direct sales channels process through demonstrable knowledge of Single Cell and Spatial products and applications within the 10x Genomics product portfolio
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they didn’t even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented individuals driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists, engineers, clinicians, computational biologists, and more to make new strides. We’re dedicated to finding the best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the role:
As a Science and Technology Advisor you will be responsible for sales and related sales support activities for all products and applications within the 10x Genomics product portfolio. Selling products to specified academic, government or industrial accounts comprising the assigned territory
What you will be doing:
- Proactively call on existing and new customers via field visits and by Zoom calls/email/telephone
- Work closely with sales executive counterparts to develop specific account growth strategy, account penetration, and account support activities
- Act as a field technical expert
- Generate, qualify, and partner with the Sales Team in closing sales leads and help build a strong opportunity pipeline
- Work with product management/R&D /Regional Marketing and field sales to disseminate and develop content, strategy, collaborations, and go-to market activities
- Maintain appropriate records and forecasts business as needed with the Sales Executive
- Gather, process, and disseminate competitive intelligence and market feedback both to field sales as well as internal product management
- Provide weekly/monthly and other ad hoc reporting as required
- Coordinate and/or conduct both technical and promotional seminars, trade shows, vendor shows, and related activities as deemed necessary
- Implement annual Territory Sales Plan and updates as needed
To be successful, you will need:
- In depth knowledge of Single Cell and Spatial products and applications within the 10x Genomics product portfolio
- Strong Oral and written Communication
- Track record of success selling, and negotiating
- Master’s Degree in Life Sciences or Chemistry, or equivalent
- Multi-year commercial experience (Sales, Marketing, Support) in life science research industry serving academic, industrial, medical school, hospital, government, biotech and biopharmaceutical accounts
- Ability to effectively network in and outside of the Company
- Must be proficient in using MS Office, and some experience in using SFDC
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time including occasional overnight stays
- Valid drivers license
Full training will be provided but, it would be advantageous if you already had:
- Advanced degree
- Extensive commercial experience (Sales, Marketing, Support) in life science research industry serving academic, industrial, medical school, hospital, government, biotech and bio-pharmaceutical accounts
- High level depth NGS experience, Single cell genomics experience
- Multi-lingual skills (English plus French or German)
About 10x Genomics
10x Genomics (NASDAQ: TXG) is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry, and bioinformatics, our technology is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the mechanisms behind cancer, the immune system, and the fundamentals of biology at the single-cell level. 10x is one of the fastest-growing biotech companies of the decade, growing from $3M in revenue in 2015 to over $200M in 2019, and has backed over 1,000 scientific publications in the past four years. For more information, visit www.10xgenomics.com.
10x Genomics is headquartered in Pleasanton, with an office by Embarcadero BART in San Francisco.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.