When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
The Groningen site is a multi-product and multi-client biopharmaceutical site with development and manufacturing facilities for pharmaceutical products for clinical trials (phase 1, 2 and 3) and commercial production.
How will you make an impact?
To plan, develop and execute Small and Large Capital Expenses Projects in order to support the commercial and manufacturing activities in, within corporate requirements and guidelines, in order to achieve financial, business and strategic objectives as stated in the strategic plans.
What will you do?
- Responsible for managing the Small and Large Capital Expenses, with responsibility for results on Safety, Quality, and Quantity.
- Responsible for setting & achieving targets and standards for all Small and Large Capital Expenses Project.
- Responsible for defining & achieving priorities in the planning of actions and resources.
- Responsible for defining & achieving accountabilities, leading the Small and Large Capital Expenses Project in all aspects of result orientation and transparency.
- Measure for all the Small and Large Capital Expenses Project the output and report results, deviations and issues.
- Responsible for making and implementing the yearly Small and Large Capital Expenses Projects Plan in line with business needs and strategy.
- Set & achieve strategic goals for the Small and Large Capital Expenses Projects, which are in line with the corporate goals.
- Responsible for the yearly plans of the Small and Large Capital Expenses Projects.
- Formulate, get approval and manage the yearly cost budget for Small and Large Capital Expenses Projects. Judge and define investment proposals from sub departments, get approval and manage investments.
- Responsible for cost reduction in fixed costs within Small and Large Capital Expenses Projects.
- Responsible for monitoring of the Key Operating Parameters of Small and Large Capital Expenses Projects.
- Monitor external technological, logistic, legal and regulatory developments and assess their applicability to and consequences for the position of company.
- Responsible for continuous improvement in costs and results within the Small and Large Capital Expenses Projects.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment. o Ensure that activities in Small and Large Capital Expenses Projects are within the EH&S and operational requirements.
- Ensure that activities in Small and Large Capital Expenses Projects are within regulatory requirements (EMEA/ FDA guidelines for manufacturing).
- Foster the awareness for EH&S and Quality.
- Responsible for applying HR policy in line with local and corporate guidelines and systems.
- Act according to HR requirements.
How will you get here?
- MSc, MBA, or equivalent level through education, training, and experience in Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry or Bioprocess Technology.
- Proven experience in a Technical Project Management role.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Expert in any or all of the areas of responsibility. Facilities, Maintenance, Validation, and/or Engineering. Expert in a Biotech/ Biopharma/ cGMP environment.
- Excellent leadership and coaching skills
- Good command of English, both in oral and written communication.
- Good communication and social skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Good planning and organization skills.
- Knowledge and experience in facilities for manufacturing of biologics.
- Knowledge and experience in Facilities, Validation, and engineering.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http.//jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.