Very challenging Technical BI Consultant vacancy focused on innovation, IOT and cloud solutions. You will help the organisation with their data driven plans by optimising their BI solutions where you will be involved with a lot of stakeholders.
Our client is an innovative logistics solutions multinational with A-brands as clients. They are continuously looking for new opportunities to stay on top of the game. Data is very important for them in making correct tactical and strategic decisions. In your role you will be part of the BI department consisting of around 10 dedicated BI professionals.
The Technical BI Consultant is a direct report to the Business Intelligence Lead. The key responsibility of this position is overseeing the full lifecycle back end development, implementation and deployment of the Enterprise Data Warehouse, Data Mart, Data Lake and Business Intelligence Reporting environments, and the support of the integration of those systems with other related applications. Key areas of responsibility:
- ETL/ELT Processes
- Data Warehouse designs/developments/deployments/Support
- Developing/maintaining/evaluating/testing Big Data Solutions
In your role you work closely with the data analysts, data scientists, and data engineering teams in order to power insight and avail meaningful data products for the business and enable consistently informed management decisions.
The Technical BI Consultant understands how data is turned into information and knowledge and how the knowledge supports and enables key business processes. An in-depth understanding of the business environment, and strong analytical and communication skills are a must. The BI Engineer must work well within a team environment.
- Managing the balance of current and future needs in both design and content. This role requires a rare blend of skills normally found in the specialized roles of data modeler, DWH developer and database analyst, data engineer.
- Structure the data for optimal access, performance and integration.
- Building [new] data sets and data structures as required to support business needs and for managing the distribution, replication and archival of data
- Works on highly complex and cross-functional BI solutions.
- Directs, organizes, and leads projects in the implementation and use of new BI/Analytical solutions and systems
More specific responsibilities include:
- Participates in work stream planning process including initiation, technical design, development and prototyping, testing, and delivery of BI/Analytical solutions.
- May participate in project management estimation process.
- Participates in project management estimation process.
- May participates in the development of business cases to support BI/Analytical projects.
- Works with BI Analysts to understand customer needs.
- Analyzes business and functional requirements and translates these requirements into robust, scalable, operable data solutions/frameworks.
Development and Implementation/Deployment
- Defines and promotes the department's best practices and design principles for data warehousing and/or Data Lake techniques and architecture.
- Designs and supports the business's database and table schemas for new and existent data sources for the data warehouse.
- Creates and supports the ETL/ELT in order to facilitate the accommodation of data into the warehouse and or data Lake using e.g. SSIS and/or other technologies. In this capacity, the BI Engineer designs and develops systems for the maintenance of the business's Data Lake and/or data warehouse, ETL processes, and business intelligence.
- Documents new and existing models, solutions, and implementations for all BI processes.
- Provides day-to-day support of the data warehouse and data lake and troubleshoots existing procedures and processes.
- Strives to improve data organization and accuracy: monitoring and troubleshooting performance issues on data warehouse servers and assisting in the development of business intelligence, business data standards, and processes.
- Support Database Administrators and Developers to build data warehousing systems, data lakes for business intelligence, reporting and analytics.
- Supports and helps manage external resources, such as service providers and vendor support.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management, Mathematics or specialized training/certification. Or equivalent work experience.
- A deep passion for data analytics technologies as well as analytical and dimensional modeling
- Knowledge of one or more business functional areas [Logistics, Finance, etc]
- Extensively familiar with ETL/ELT, data warehousing, and business intelligence tools
- Hands-on experience supporting or working with Business Intelligence/Data Warehousing environments and Big Data Solutions
- Extended knowledge and experience of data warehousing and Big Data Solutions (at least 5 years)
- Extensive experience with modeling, designing, and building star schema database structures.
- Experience with non-relational & relational
- The ability to handle tight deadlines and time sensitive pressures well and remain even tempered.
- Willingness to challenge the status quo in order to enhance productivity, processes and procedures
- Engineering in Information Technology, BI, CBIP certified [TDWI, Certified Business Intelligence Professional] or MCSE: Data Management and Analytics.
- Experience leading teams
- Experience/knowledge with/of BI Cloud solutions/foundations [AWS, MS Azure, etc.]
- Experience/knowledge with/of BI Tools [SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, PowerBI, Cognos, etc.]
- Experience with Power Designer or other Data Modeling Tools
Challenging position for an innovative organisation based in Rijswijk. Salary up to75K per year including Holiday allowance and 25 vacation days based on a 40 hourly work week. It is be possible to work 32 or 36 hours per week.
For any questions regarding the vacancy and or salary package, feel free to contact me on
06-22 41 27 37 / Ricardo Nasser - IT Associate at Michael Page
- Sponsorship is not possible, if you are interested, please make sure you are in possession of an EU working permit.
60,000 - 75,000 /jaar
Incl. Holiday allowance
Incl. Holiday allowance