Are you hungry for a challenge, highly motivated, able to work in a fast pace environment, flexible and quick to adapt to any situation? Do you have a real passion for supporting (internal) customers? As Team Leader Operations Support you will be a hands-on leader of professional individual contributors. A team that ensures that the business runs smoothly and effectively. This includes everyone from management to front Engineers & Technicians, other Operations staff, suppliers and customers. The Team Leader sets priorities and allocates resources to align with business objectives and plans of execution. And as a leader, fosters a work environment with a high level of integrity and strong (internal) customer focus that embraces diversity and inclusion, innovation, continuous improvement and empowerment.
Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That’s why we're always looking for creative and forward thinking people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire talented people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it’s our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
- Supervises, evaluates, and coordinates daily team operations and responsibilities to ensuring that (internal) customer issues and requests are appropriately logged, researched, and accurately resolved/completed in a timely manner, meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Allocates, monitors, and assigns resources while delegating and monitoring workloads
- Provide guidance and coaching to team members on day-to-day issues
- Responsible for performance management, including reviews, goal setting and on-going feedback
- Develops and monitors team goals; provides ongoing feedback and coaching; conducts performance reviews; leads by example; and ensures an atmosphere of open communication, teamwork and empowerment
- Refine and implement the methods, procedures, tools and policies to ensure high-quality service is delivered to (internal) customers.
- Builds and develops relevant business relationships, critically thinks about departmental problems, and makes informed recommendations as to how to resolve issues.
- Assist and supports the Manager Operations Support with (improvement) projects
Skills and Experiences
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in a related field.
- Excellent English & Dutch verbal and written communication skills is a must
- Outstanding interpersonal skills – ability to professionally communicate and interact with all levels of internal and external customers
- Experience in leading a team of professionals
- Demonstrated professionalism and leadership skills along with ability to develop, direct, and support a team
- Ability to effectively manage performance as well as set and achieve goals
- Ability to build and enhance team productivity
- Customer Service
- Strong customer service and support focus with a desire to deliver a high quality service
- A desire to learn and improve skills and knowledge
- Project Management
- Ability to project manage, multitask and follow through
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Personal Quality
- Be flexible, show initiative and respond quickly when situations change
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated and highly professional with ability to lead and take ownership and responsibility
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Team player