The position combines responsibility for day to day general ledger activities and leading tactical and strategical improvement projects.
You will play a key role in driving change and efficiency, and building a best in class Shared Service Centre.
As the lead, you will be taking full ownership and responsibility for driving efficiency and continuity in the an international, multilingual team (7 GL accountants) with an overall aim of delivering accurate numbers in a timely manner.
- Accountability for timely reconciliation of all GL accounts by the GL team
- Reviews debt and derivative reconciliations and advises on outstanding issues
- Ensures consistency and completeness of data transfers between sub-ledgers and General Ledger
- Responsible for completeness and correctness of entries in the books
- Coordinates cross departmental month end close activities, records and evaluate/assess accruals, deferrals and other close related entries
- Manages Fixed asset process and related controls and reconciliations
- Perform review and provide feedback on the reporting packages submitted by accountants from other locations
- Initiate and execute process Improvement regarding all GL activities for all entities
- Driving process optimization through automation (blackline) and robotization, but also sensible process adjustments
- Responsible for Local statutory accounting and coordination with outsourcing partners
- Act as point of contact for GL team members and other stakeholder
- Manage the GL team on a daily basis to make sure the right priorities are set, also by monitoring against predefined kpi’s and targets
- Manage workload and resources to ensure that all activities are performed in time and period end deadlines are achieved
- Provide support, advice and encouragement across the team, coaching individuals where required
- Ensure the recruitment, induction, performance review and performance management of colleagues is carried out effectively and in accordance with policies
- Higher professional education/HBO or Bachelor/Master in economics / finance and accounting;
- Experience in a multinational company and Shared Service Centre surroundings;
- Strong accounting background
- Experience in managing a team
- 5+ years of experience in Accounting (preferably as financial accountant, senior accountant, accounting team leader) gathered in SSC environment
- Fluent in English and at least one another EU language (preferably French, Italian, Spanish, Swedish, German, Dutch);
- ERP system experience (preferably SAP);
- Advanced Excel skills
Who we are: Founded in Japan in 1887, Kao is passionate about making a difference in people’s lives with our high quality products and services that make the life of our consumers and customers more beautiful. In the region Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA) Kao focuses on premium beauty brands across three distinct sectors: Kao Salon Division, Premium Mass and our London based boutique brand Molton Brown.
How we work: Having been selected among the World´s Most Ethical Companies for 13 consecutive years, we are a company with a purpose and strong corporate values. We never compromise on quality and craft our products with care for the consumer and the environment. At Kao, each employee can actively shape their job and their career. We work collaboratively to achieve our common goals, always aiming to deliver the best for our customers.
What we offer: A friendly and flexible work environment with competitive salaries, benefits package, ongoing development and the opportunity to enhance your skills and deliver tangible results. At Kao your voice will be heard. Your opinion really counts. We believe that change comes from taking opportunities into your own hands, so we value and reward entrepreneurial thinking and innovation.
Hiring Process: Kao embraces the diversity and the individual personalities of its people because we believe it is diversity that makes us strong. This is why we welcome applications from all areas of the global community.
Want to learn more: If you feel you are as unique as our products and want to find out why 33,000 people across the globe opted for a career with us please visit www.kao.com