KAO is the company behind the beauty brands such as John Frieda, Guhl, Molton Brown, Goldwell, Bioré and others.
Joining our team at KAO means you have a hands-on mentality with a focus on getting things done, not taking things for granted, a service-minded team player with a sense of humor.We would like to get in touch with a pro-active Teamlead General Ledger Accounting to help us become a best in class shared service center.
As Teamlead General Ledger Accounting you’ll play an important role in setting up and improving the processes and position of our international and multilingual GL team. You are the inspirational leader of a small team of General Ledger accountants.
Since you actively are involved in setting up process improvement, automation and empowering individual team members the role will be evolving over time. This position combines operational accounting activities with tactical projects but most important developing your team. You play a key role in driving change and efficiency.
- Coordinate cross departmental month end close activities, judges accruals, deferrals and other close related entries;
- Act as point of contact for GL team members and other stakeholders;
- Coordinates and supervise month end close;
- Responsible for completeness and correctness of entries in the books;
- Perform review and provide feedback on the reporting packages submitted by accountants from other locations;
- Responsible for the assigned EMEA entities accounting and coordination with outsourcing partners;
- You participate in Management Team meetings with you co-team leads and manager.
- Higher professional education minimal Bachelor/Master in economics / finance and accounting;
- Fluent in English and preferably one other European language;
- Proven management of small teams of professionals and proven leadership characteristics;
- You have excellent and measurable (technical) accounting skills;
- Experience in a multinational company and / or Shared Service Centre surroundings;
- Experience with SAP.
- You are able to set goals and be conscious of the results achieved by the people in your team;
- You make sure that facts are checked, explaining decisions in a clear comprehensible way;
- You are able to build trust and give responsibility in order for others to reach their goals;
- You are pro-active in sharing your ideas and make sure that others have a clear understanding of your vison and ideas;
- You understand different points of view.