An interesting new role at a global leading coatings company. You will be responsible for tax planning, tax accounting and tax compliance for the Netherlands, UK and Belgium.
Axalta is a leading global manufacturer, marketer and distributor of high performance coatings systems. With over a 150-year heritage in the coatings industry, Axalta is known for manufacturing high-quality products with well-recognized brands supported by market-leading technology and customer service.
Over the course of the Company's history, Axalta has remained at the forefront of the industry by continually developing innovative coatings technologies designed to enhance the performance and appearance of customer's products, while improving the customer's productivity and profitability. Axalta's diverse global footprint of 50 manufacturing facilities, four technology centers, 47 customer training centers and more than 14,000 team members allows the Company to meet the needs of customers in over 130 countries.
Axalta serves its customer base through an extensive sales force and technical support organization, as well as through approximately 4,000 independent, locally-based distributors. The Company's scale and strong local presence are critical to its success, allowing leverage of the technology portfolio and customer relationships globally while meeting customer demands locally.
Axalta operates its business in two operating segments: Performance Coatings and Transportation Coatings, serving four end markets, including: Refinish, Industrial, Light Vehicle and Commercial Vehicle, across the following four regions: North America, EMEA, Latin America and Asia-Pacific.
For more information visit their website at www.axalta.com
Your main responsibilities are:
Oversee tax matters principally in the Netherlands, Belgium and UK. In particular, but not limited to:
- Provide internal tax advisory services, including tax planning activities, on business matters and initiatives within the aforementioned countries
- Monitor and assess tax law, regulation and reporting changes to ensure compliance and minimize tax liabilities
- Prepare or review tax returns (e.g. CIT, real estate, business tax, withholding tax, etc) and other tax reporting requirements. Evaluate outsourcing the tax return preparation.
- Tax support for quarterly and/or year-end closing process for local and US GAAP reporting purposes. Responsibilities will include reviewing and/or preparing income tax calculations, tax basis balances sheets, reconciliation of income tax payable and deferred accounts and assisting with tax exposure analysis (i.e. FIN 48/ASC 740)
- Support/manage tax audits including negotiation with tax officials to minimize tax liability
- Coordinate and process cash tax payments and manage the cash tax forecasting process
- Liaise with tax administration, external tax advisors and accountants on all tax matters
- Lead or support ad-hoc local and global tax planning initiatives
- Participate in projects, such as M&A, due diligence for acquisitions or divestitures, cash repatriation and deployment planning, cross-border transaction planning, etc.
You will report to the EMEA Senior Tax Manager in Basel.
Your credentials are:
At least 4 years of relevant experience at a Big-4 tax advisory firm in the Netherlands, and preferably also in-house tax experienceDutch degree in Tax Law or Tax Economics Good command of Dutch and EnglishFull time available Used to or prefers to work in an international environmentNo 9-5 mentalityEnthusiastic, motivated, friendly, team spirit, approachable, strong communication skills
Axalta offers a pleasant and ambitious work environment with opportunities to grow in your profession.
For more information contact Leonie Verheul at 06 83 19 68 92 /