This is a key role in our Amsterdam Governance Services Operations where you will fill in the new role of Tax Manager reporting directly to the management of Citco Nederland B.V., working in support of the business and closely cooperate with Group Compliance and Group Tax.
Since the 1940s Citco has provided specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, multinationals and private clients worldwide. With over 6,000 employees in 45 countries we pioneer innovative solutions that meet our clients' evolving needs, and deliver exceptional service.
Our continuous investment in learning means our people are among the best in the industry. In addition, our corporate social responsibility programs provide meaningful and fulfilling work in the community. A career at Citco isn't just a job - it's an opportunity to excel in an environment that genuinely supports your personal and professional development.
Citco aims to strengthen its position as the industry leader when it comes to applying a sustainable and ethical tax integrity policy. The Tax Manager will support, revise and renew the corporate tax integrity statement and will assist in translating this statement into policies and staff guidelines. Furthermore the Tax Manager will be responsible for making sure that our services, when based on an third party tax opinion, are in line with the aforementioned policies.
As a highly responsive professional, you will support our high performing teams providing class-leading services to our clients through face-to-face meetings, by phone and/or e-mail, and actively contribute to enhancing operational procedures and developing Citco's business.
Job Duties in Brief:
- Screening third-party tax advice and opinions against the tax integrity statement and our standards of excellence (quality assurance);
- Communicate with, advice and support our business professionals on tax related matters;
- Contribute to the review of Risk Analysis Reports and adequately determine tax risk rating associated with client entities;
- Provide training to management and business teams on tax related issues;
- Support our marketing and sales efforts by advising on tax issues associated with (new) products and / or services;
- Participate in our contribution to industry bodies and other relevant platforms on tax related matters, representing Citco and its interests;
- Maintaining and developing a strong professional network;
- Keep up with changes in both the national and international tax context and translate these into operational procedures required for risk assessments on client entities;
- Assess client transactions and the reflection of transactions in the financial statements of client entities;
- Assess tax compliance requirements for client entities, including but not limited to corporate income, value added and withholding taxes; and
- Inform management, the business and Group Compliance and Group Tax on (inter-) national tax developments.
- Relevant degree in Dutch or International Tax Law;
- At least 6-8 years' experience in a tax advisory, tax consultancy or tax compliance position;
- A strong moral compass;
- Analytical and able to formulate well both in writing and verbally;
- Aware and sensitive to developments and discussions in the political, public and regulatory domain concerning tax;
- Advanced knowledge on corporate taxes and international taxation;
- Solid knowledge on personal income, value added, and withholding taxes;
- Willingness to further develop (international) tax and acquire company law knowledge;
- Able to share knowledge and willing to provide training to others;
- Responsible, reliable and able to work independently;
- Fluent English and Dutch.
- A challenging and rewarding role in an award-winning global business;
- Opportunities for personal and professional career development;
- Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and opportunities for educational support;
- Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence.