Here's what we'll do together:
Is your passion for denim and Tax as high as ours? G-Star Raw is looking for a Tax Advisor to provide the international G-Star Raw entities with advice on Corporate Tax and VAT related matters.
Since our creation in 1989, G-Star's philosophy has always been, 'Just the Product.' This approach has led to many denim 'firsts': the introduction of 'luxury denim for the streets,' by fusing high-level craftsmanship with street level edge to create a new denim sector; the positioning of raw, untreated denim as a wearable and desirable material; and the evolution of our distinctive denim silhouette, through the adoption of architectural and 3-D thinking into denim construction.
As our new Tax Advisor, you are expected to analyze potential VAT and Corporate Tax issues and come up with possible solutions to solve them.
You're going to help with the preparation and filing of the VAT and Corporate Tax returns. You will be involved with the preparation of Transfer Pricing documentation and you will advise on the Corporate Tax impact of restructurings so we can determine the optimal supply chain model for new markets from a Customs and Corporate Tax perspective.
You will work from the HQ in Amsterdam and will report to the Tax Director.
What you bring to the table:
* Your next step? To expand your Corporate Tax horizon.
* Corporate Tax (VPB) or VAT (BTW)? You're the expert.
* You're in the NOB program (preferably).
* Reliability? You never miss a deadline.
* Microsoft Excel has no secrets left for you.
* Fashion? You live and breathe it.
* Add a Master in Fiscal Economics or Fiscal Law and around 2 to 5 years of relevant experience in a Tax Advisory role and you've got our full attention.
* Are you also proactive, solution-oriented with strong analytical and presentation skills? We're heart-eyed.
Finally, do you have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English? We'd love to meet you!
What we bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and clothing budget; a healthy, fresh and delicious lunch and even discounts in various fitness clubs and last but not least, a discount on a new bicycle.
What will happen next:
* We will thoroughly review your CV.
* We have a large international community at G-Star, so please apply in English.
* When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a chat and if it's a good fit, we'll plan our first interview.
* Because we're very curious how you'd survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case in a follow-up interview.
* When we're ready to commit to each other, we'll finalize the terms we've discussed and we'll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store. Good luck.