A challenging and interesting tax accounting role in which you will be working in the tax team that is centrally handling all tax affairs of all countries TIP is active in and working closely together with the finance team.
TIP Trailer Services is the European market leader within the transportation industry and operates throughout many countries in Europe. It has it's corporate office in Amsterdam. Core values of the company are team spirit, safety and integrity. At TIP people are passionate about what they do and are committed to deliver excellence every day.
TIP Trailer Services, has more than 70 branches located throughout 17 countries, provides a range of services for transportation and logistics to their customers. They specify, source, finance, maintain, manage and re market the equipment through their experienced teams. Offering value-added services which customers can combine to best suit their needs and being an one-stop-shop that manages all relationships and needs via a single point of contact. They are the only true pan European provider of these services working independently from equipment manufacturers and banks, which allows them to find the best possible solution to any transport-related need their customers may have.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Timely and accurate tax accounting positions for all entities of the TIP Group including consolidated level
- Lead and support monthly close processes and quarterly tax reporting process, both on entity and consolidated level(s) including effective tax rate reconciliation, analyses and reporting
- Prepare tax consolidation(s) and tax notes for (quarterly) consolidated financial statements
- Lead and support budget/forecasting process with respect to tax lines
- Ensure timely and accurate compliance with all IFRS tax accounting guidelines
- Provide (financial) input for tax planning analyses, tax review of business transactions and business restructurings
- Work on the improvement and maintenance of the financial reporting process and systems and drive the tax technology road map
- Liaise with various internal departments for (tax) accounting matters
- Manage external auditors and tax accounting team members
- Lead tax audits
- Ensure up-to-date and accurate transfer pricing documentation of the TIP Group together with the Tax Compliance Manager.
The ideal candidate has a university degree in tax/accounting and a minimum of 8-10 years of relevant experience in tax accounting in a complex and changing international environment.
You have good knowledge of IFRS and IAS 12 specific.
Furthermore, you have well developed analytic skills and are result driven. You have a hands-on mentality and get things done in time - balances risk and materiality, switches easily between high-level and detail.
Proficient in English. Likes to communicate pro-actively and easy interacts within cross-functional teams.
TIP is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals. You will be offered a good salary and pleasant working environment.
Hiring is subject to a satisfactory background check.