At Refresco's corporate head office based in Rotterdam the position has become available for a Tax Accounting and Compliance Specialist. This newly created role is responsible for a wide range of tax matters but will have a main focus on Tax accounting and reporting. You will report into the Group Manager Tax and Treasury.
Refresco is world's largest independent bottler of beverages for retailers and A-brands with production in Europe, North America and Mexico. The company has combined pro forma volumes and revenue of circa 12 billion litres and circa € 3.6 billion, respectively. Refresco offers an extensive range of product and packaging combinations from 100% fruit juices to carbonated soft drinks and mineral waters in carton, PET, Aseptic PET, cans and glass. Focused on innovation, Refresco continuously searches for new and alternative ways to improve the quality of its products and packaging combinations in line with consumer and customer demand, environmental responsibilities and market demand. Refresco was founded in the Netherlands and is headquartered in Rotterdam and worldwide has over 9,500 employees.
- Responsible for tax accounting processes, both internal and external reporting. This includes calculating and monitoring uncertain tax positions, deferred taxes, and effective tax rate calculations as well as cash tax forecasting;
- Prepare quarterly tax calculations for the Dutch companies of the Group;
- Review and analyse foreign entities tax provision calculations and reported tax financial data on a quarterly basis and act as internal advisor for financial controllers relating to tax reporting matters;
- Improve quality of tax reporting processes. Play a key role in tax technology matters and improve the usability of the consolidation and reporting system for tax reporting purposes, including facilitation of training for financial controllers in the different countries;
- Prepare and coordinate filing of the Dutch corporate income tax returns, review assessments and manage tax payments/refunds;
- Manage compliance status of group companies' filing obligations;
- Manage Master File, Local File and Country-by-Country reporting requirements;
- Maintain and improve the group's tax control framework.
You are a driven Tax Specialist who is looking for an opportunity to develop (further) into either compliance or accounting and wants to make an impact on an international level.
- Masters' degree in Tax or Finance area;
- 3-5 years of relevant international experience with a major consulting firm or in-house in an international tax department;
- You are pragmatic, hands-on and you have strong interpersonal skills;
- You connect quickly and can make an impact;
- You are able to build and maintain good relationship with external authorities and our international colleagues based in the European and US business units;
- Fluent in English.
- On-the-job training as well as external training to (further) develop relevant Tax and or Financial knowledge and skills;
- Competitive reward and benefits;
- A chance to work at world's largest independent bottler of beverages - a company that is constantly changing and growing with a very fast pace.