Support of internal interfaces in solving complex tax issues and related disciplines.
Braskem is a company of Brazilian origin that operates in the chemical and petrochemical sectors with 41 industrial units distributed in Brazil, the United States, Germany, and Mexico.
Its production focuses on thermoplastic resins - polyethylene (PE), polypropylene (PP) and polyvinyl chloride (PVC) - in addition to basic chemical inputs, such as ethene, propene, butadiene, chlorine, soda, and solvents.
- Support of internal interfaces in solving complex tax issues and related disciplines
- Clarification of basic tax issues, e.g. in the area of VAT
- Regular VAT filing for European entities (in different countries) and monitoring of VAT compliance
- Preparation of company tax returns
- Support the definition of tax related processes in SAP
- Support to structuring and optimizing tax advice and processes in Europe, (e.g. income tax issues)
- Support the optimization of processes (procedures, tax guidelines, further development of Tax Compliance Systems)
- Participation in tax audits and company audits as required
- Tax-related participation in projects within the group, in cooperation with the Corporate Tax Management
- Bachelor in Business Administration or Finance & Accounting (specializing in taxes) or
equivalent education or as a tax clerk or accountant with several years of relevant work
- 5 years of professional experience in international taxation at a tax consulting firm or in an
industrial company with international environment
- Good knowledge in the field of tax law, corporate and indirect tax
- Sound system experience in SAP FI or another ERP system
- Spoken and written fluency in English and Dutch; German would be a plus
- Very good MS Office skills, especially Excel
- Willingness to get involved in other tax issues
- Strong analytical skills and precise way of working
- Ability to work independently and in teams and ability to adapt to cultural sensitivities
Competitive salary, learning and development.