For our client, a medium sized financial trading company located in Amsterdam, we are looking for a highly-skilled Senior Systems Engineer who can adapt to a flexible environment.
What's the purpose of your position?
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will be part of the team responsible for the design and maintenance of the company's IT environment and its low latency trading network. You will also be involved with Traders and the business to help understand the clients needs and find solutions by coming up with proposals for improvement.
Who are you?
You are a Senior Systems Engineer who enjoys a job with various responsibilities. A problem-solver, and you are happy in a role where you are able to support internal clients. Configuring, maintaining, improving and troubleshooting. You are communicative with a hands on mentality. Ability to work well in an ever-changing environment. Some experience or knowledge of financial trading is a plus.
- Broad knowledge of networking and systems engineering fundamentals
- Happy to be involved in a broad range of activities including office networking and high bandwidth / low latency networks, configuration, maintenance, automation
- Experience with different network equipment, protocols, brands; Cisco, Juniper, 3Com would be ideal
- Knowledge of Linux and/or Windows
- Any knowledge of OO programming languages would be great
What will you receive?
You will be part of an innovative, entrepreneurial and team-oriented environment with a lot of room for professional and personal development. Furthermore, you will receive:
- an excellent salary, based on your experience
- very interesting annual bonus scheme
- a diverse role within a friendly team of highly skilled colleagues
- Training / certification opportunities