About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life science research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity.
To have some more info about our site in Eindhoven: click here
System Integration & Verification is a multidisciplinary technical team (size: +/-30 persons) that is responsible for system integration and verification of large scale system projects like Titan microscopes. Our team is involved in multiple large scale system programs in parallel. Besides system integration and verification for regular products we also work on Non Standard Requests to deliver customer specific solutions.
The System Lead is a function developer for one or more key functions of a TEM microscope on system level, has system behavior as key domain and has major contribution/ownership to the integration aspects of complex new hardware and software projects.
Responsibilities – Project Member Tasks:
- Function developer for one or more key functions of a TEM microscope
- Owner or contributor of System Test Process
- Provide input during the specification and design phase of new products.
- Owner or contributor for creating System Test Documents (including system planning, test description, test methods, number of tests)
- Contributor for FMEA and/or SRA process
- Execute and document system tests or guide others in executing tests
- Own and troubleshoot integration issues and report/discuss with designers and project management; suggest improvements to existing prototypes; discuss technical bottlenecks in projects
- Communicate frequently with program managers and/or project leaders on progress and technical issues. Suggest alternative solutions.
- Communicate frequently with project stakeholders and project members
- Create PR (Problem Report) Items
Responsibilities System Lead – Personal Attitude:
- Capable of switching between different abstraction levels
- Providing reliable indication of own task size. Plan and monitor progress of own tasks.
- Exchange knowledge with collegues
- Help collegues to realize there goals
- Reserve time for your personal development
- Discuss tension or conflicts between collegues (correct time and correct place)
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience
- Bachelor or Academic degree in Applied Physics, Mechanical, Electronics or Mechatronic engineering.
- More than 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with designing and testing of low volume, complex high tech systems.
- Experience with the different development disciplines (hardware, software, mechanics, mechatronics and physics).
- Excellent communication skills in English, Dutch is big plus
- Travel if necessary (<10%)