In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our achitects design innovatove solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Thales Nederland is active in the Defence and Security sectors and is, with about 2000 employees, a top provider of high-tech jobs. Product innovation and swift anticipation of the newest technological possibilities are the mainsprings of our business. Examples are radar, communication and command & control systems for naval ships and communication, security and payment systems for trade and industry. Thales Nederland is part of the Thales Group, which has a workforce of 68.000 in more than 50 countries making it one of Europe’s largest electronics companies.
The Solution Engineering Group performs all system engineering activities for the realization of a command & control system on board of naval ships. To strengthen our group, we are looking for enthusiastic and motivated:
About the job
As a system engineer you work in an international multidisciplinary team on the design, development and validation of a command & control system. Your team consists of representatives of the customer, suppliers of subsystems and other parties involved. In the team you are responsible for the technical design. Activities include amongst others:
- Discuss operational needs together with the customer
- Design the architecture of the command & control system
- Define the functional behaviour of the system
- Define interfaces between the Thales command & control system and 3rd party subsystems
- Manage technical issues of subcontracts during the development of the Mission Solution
- Demonstrate the solution to the customer
When you join our group you will have a varied working week. One moment you discuss your solution with the customer, the other you spend defining the interaction between our command & control system and other systems on board of the ship. You frequently meet with your team to learn from each other and to discuss progress.
About you- Degree in electrical engineering, computer science, aerospace engineering or similar field
- Generalist, with a broad interest in technology
- Communication skills and able to work in multidisciplinary teams
- High level of creativity, initiative, pragmatism and persuasiveness
- Just graduated or a few years experience in system engineering
- Affinity with project management
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Dutch
- Flexibility with respect to travelling abroad and being part of an international environment
What can you expect from Thales
- Challenging and innovative projects and developments in a High Tech market
- Working on strategic level
- Working in an international environment
- Good and flexible working atmosphere
- Flat and open organization
- Room for initiatives and ideas
- Opportunities for growth and (international) personal development
- A good benefits package, with for example 40 vacation days per year
Would you like to apply directly, please upload your Cv and motivational letter.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!