Our client is looking for a new Sustainability team member with knowledge in Sustainability and European Renewables/Environmental legislation.
Across all products and projects of the organization, the sustainability candidate will be expected to take ownership of the sustainability administration, but to also explore and assist the trading team to develop exciting new commercial opportunities.
Our client handles is engaged in sustainability as it related to trade in addition to exploring commodities in the energy, renewables and food sectors. Our client also offers global logistics services throughout a client's entire supply chain.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Manage the certification (ISCC) and sustainability criteria to the high standards and reputation.
- Renewable Energy Directive certification schemes - (ISCC EU, REDCert or similar) (EC 2009/28 & EC 2018/851)
- Explore and assist trading terms to develop exciting new commercial opportunities from a sustainability angle.
- Reporting and analysis of Sustainability and European Renewables/Environmental legislation. Understanding of ISCC and renewable certification policies globally.
- Transport of wastes (EC 1013/2006)
- EU animal by-products and residues legislation (EC 1069/2009)
- Understand and calculate emissions factors (greenhouse gas)
- Work with the company's terminal in Rotterdam and assist on their ISCC certification and renewable certification requirements.
- Take ownership of the sustainability administration
- MSc. degree or equivalent
- Experience with bio-fuels and an understanding of current legislation as it relates to renewables/environmental matters.
- International experience - working within a multinational environment
- Commercially inclined - experience with trading is ideal
- A self-starter, interested in pursuing opportunities wherever they exist. Understanding that you can achieve when working as a team.
- A dynamic working environment with the ability to grow and learn.
- Competitive remuneration and holidays
- Luxurious office space
- Full support for work travel to conferences and business partners, to further develop business relationships and your Sustainability knowledge.