Supply Chain Planner m / v
- Logistiek/ transport / inkoop
- Noord Limburg
Functie omschrijving Supply Chain Planner m / v
SUPPLY CHAIN PLANNER (m/v)
Purpose of the position
The Supply Chain Planner will facilitate necessary communication with business leaders, supply sites and Global Operations Integrated Business Planning Managers. The individual will work with manufacturing and operations partners to reconcile and synchronize supply forecasts in order to maintain product availability while keeping inventory investments at targeted levels. The forecast provided will be used by the Global Operations Integrated Business Manager to help determine manufacturing needs and resources required to meet the plan. Investment decisions could be made based on the information provided by the Demand and Supply Planner.
• Ensure on time delivery of high quality purchasing / selling forecasts of the Division by SKU
and product line. Must assemble and analyze all data pertinent to creating the supply
forecast: historical data, manufacturing and purchasing batch sizes, seasonality,
working calendars, and inventory levels. Will need to gather, analyze and validate data,
review resulting statistical forecast models.
• Meet customer service needs assuring a high standard of Customer Service and Supply
Chain Planning metrics performance, while sizing the optimal inventory and meeting the
committed inventory investment targets.
• Manage fill rates, forecast accuracy, and inventory metrics for his/her division.
• Improve forecast accuracy by effectively analyzing sources of forecast error and
recommending appropriate action plans.
• Use Supply Chain Planning tools and technologies and suggest improvements to improve
the current supply chain planning process.
• Serve as the primary planning contact for Manufacturing and Finance business partners
and also as the primary contact for the Global Operations Integrated Business Planning
Manager and Plant Networks.
• Flawless supply chain execution for all new product launches and new business plans, as
well as existing base products.
• Monitor SKU levels and recommend SKU rationalization initiatives for future consideration
to Divisional Management. Can make recommendations for targets based on changes in
supply and market trends.
• Participate in development, modification and improvement of procedures, policies,
processes and technologies within the organization.
• Participate to IBP meetings at divisional level and leverage best available cross-functional
inputs and apply judgment based on knowledge of the business and robust cross-functional
• People development and succession and backfill plans.
• Contact person for the Local Companies Sales Companies within the European Division
regarding all outstanding purchase orders and pending shipments.
• Responsible for the purchases of saleable goods (service level KPI “Days backlog critical
• Responsible for keeping EMEA stock levels in line with company guidelines (KPI inventory
free stock (days)”.
• Participate to the Product Lifecycle Management within the local Organizations levels.
• Responsible for keeping purchase related data (both static and dynamic) up to date within
• Supplier evaluation.
• Initiating and participating in Supply Chain projects to improve productivity, processes and
Requirements Supply Chain Planner m / v
• Higher or Medium Vocational Education (HBO or MBO).
• Experience with the Oracle e-Business Suite with regard to purchasing, inventory
management, PLM and forecasting modules.
• Pro-active approach in determining manufacturing needs and translating these needs into
• At least 5 years experience as a Demand & Supply planner in an (international) production
• Experience in Material Management, Inventory Controlled Management
• Experience in two or more of the following disciplines are required: Supply Chain Planning,
Demand or Supply Management/Forecasting, Logistics,
Manufacturing, Procurement, Order Management, Inventory Management and/or Contract
• At least 5 year experience with S&OP or IBP processes
• Background in new product introductions and supplier metrics is preferred; experience of
ERP systems is required.
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to drive results through a global
matrix structure is required.
• Proven ability to communicate and present to all levels of the organization.
• Analytical / quantitative skills
• Ability for decision making, to work under pressure, and capacity to make good judgment
under critical situations. Accuracy and prioritization in a fast-paced environment.
• Team work and customer service orientation.
• Demonstrate planning processes and inventory management skills.
• APICS certification is preferred. Lean Manufacturing Training is also preferred.
• Process Excellence/Six Sigma tools, training and/or certification experience is highly
• Must be proficient in Project Planning software, Flow Charts, and management of Database
tools. Must have experience using statistical software packages and must be capable of
extensive spreadsheet analysis.
• Knowledge of International Regulations
• Good knowledge of the English, German and Dutch language
Your offer at our client includes:
• a Challenging, permanent position
• 40 working hours/week;
• Competitive salary depending on experience with 10% bonus opportunity
• 8,5 % holiday allowance
• 27 holidays per year on full time basis;
• Travel allowance
• Subsidized lunch
• Collective Health insurance available
• Free Accidental Death & Disability Insurance for all employees
• Free insurances for long term disability
• Discount on gym membership and bicycle
• Meaningful innovation, growth and opportunities
• International working environment (30+ nationalities);
• Dynamic and fast paced work environment;
• Social Committee activities: Holiday party, monthly after work drinks, free fruit, football
• Fortune named our client for the second year in a row a Great Place to Work, they rank
#12 in the World Best Workplaces 2018
Nice to meet you!
We introduce ourselves to you via this link https://bit.ly/2QN5T3J
Are you interested? We would like to meet you.
You want to apply?
Are you curious how it is to work for an innovative and international environment, where you get rewarded for your dedication and loyalty?
If so, please contact René van den Borst for more information at +31 (0) 6-18817501 or 077-3743668
You can apply directly by sending your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or express your interest by sending an app to René van den Borst on 06-18817501
Do you know somebody interested in your professional network?
Just refer your friend & get rewarded (see our ambassador program https://bit.ly/2IJLqaS )
René van den Borst
T: (077) 3743 668