For an international, US listed company in Schiphol Rijk we are currently recruiting for a Statutory and Financial Compliance Manager for the Benelux region, based in the Schiphol-Rijk area. In this position you are responsible for the Statutory Financial Reporting, and Statutory and Financial Compliance of Entities, the Integrity of the Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet and Tax Compliance.
▪ Responsibility for Preparing and Completing the Statutory Financial Accounts for several Entities. This includes the mapping of the US GAAP Ledger to Local GAAP for the Statutory Financial Accounts; and the Scheduling, Planning, Managing and Co-ordinating of Statutory and Internal Audits and Engagements with Auditors and Advisors.
▪ Responsibility for Preparing and Completing all Statutory Reporting and Regulatory Filings including Statistical Returns and Annual Returns. This may include being the Country Appointed Representative and Managing Relationships with Local Government and Statutory Organisations.
▪ Responsibility for Collating, Preparing, Completing and Submitting the periodic VAT (Sales Tax) Returns and related filings (intrastat, EC sales list, specific local filings) in line with Local Tax Filing Requirements.
▪ Coordinating the preparation of local corporate income tax returns (including local regional/ state taxes where relevant), working with local tax advisors and Central EMEA Tax Team. Coordinating with finance teams and Treasury to ensure tax payments are made on time.
▪ Reporting of tax balances for Group US GAAP reporting, including quarterly tax forecasts and Group year-end detailed tax reporting. Preparing current and deferred tax workings to support both US GAAP reporting and local GAAP statutory accounts.
▪ Responsibility for ensuring the Integrity of the US GAAP Balance Sheet Reconciliations and Balance Sheet Commentaries working with the Shared Service Centre where required. Completion of Balance Sheet Reconciliations each month identified in the Accounts Responsibility Matrix, with a proactive resolution of any issues.
▪ Help create value for the finance organization by designing efficient solutions to drive operational efficiencies, compliance with company policies, and thereby reducing risk of material financial reporting misstatements
▪ Develop, co-ordinate & participate in risk assessments on financial statements, business processes and other risk & compliance topics
▪ Assist in financial diligence and support of the market/countries balance sheet and SG&A
▪ Own all external and internal audits and compliance reviews and ensure zero high findings.
▪ Documenting and Implementing Policies and Procedures to ensure consistency and conformity across entities, sub regions and the EMEA region.
▪ Performing various tasks to support the FP&A function of the countries and division, reviewing and reporting on performance, identifying and highlighting variances to the wider commercial audience, including the senior management team.
▪ Point of contact for resolving specific in country accounting issues being the local expert and having local knowledge.
- A recognised Accountancy Qualification relevant to the specific country equivalent to ACA in the UK, in combination with 5 to 10 years of experience
- Strong Excel skills required
- Demonstrable experience of working in a similar role, in a high pace environment.
- Dutch, as well as English is required, combined with exceptional communication skills
Salary indication for this position is between € 80.000 and € 95.000 gross per year. Secondary benefits are an additional performance bonus, flexible work hours, 8,33% holiday bonus, a good pension plan, collective health insurance, 25 holidays and the possibility to purchase 10 more holidays. There is space and the opportunity to obtain extra certificates, a course or to exchange knowledge and experiences. Furthermore, within this large and growing organization, there are sufficient opportunities for further growth if the opportunity presents itself.