Our client in Investments/Private Equity is searching for an Investment Accountant (Junior-Medior) to join the team.
In this role, you gain in-depth understanding of the PE business, handle client portfolio accounting and manage all related processes and procedures (from an accounting perspective).
The client is a leading global Private Equity Investment firm, with offices in Amsterdam, Hong Kong and NYC. The investment accounting team is centralized in Amsterdam, and adopts an international, challenging and highly professional atmosphere. The team works together and ensures high productivity levels, through cooperation, dedication and flexibility.
The office in Amsterdam consists of approximately 25 people
The team is currently looking for a new colleague, an Investment Accountant (Junior-Medior), that will enforce the team from an accounting perspective.
- Preparing and validating transaction bookings and quarterly investment valuation for accounting, reporting and monitoring investments
- Coordinating and controlling the integrity of the information in the accounting systems including monthly checks
- Developing, preparing and analyzing monthly and annual reports for management and investors
- Support teams during deal closing processes through e.g. providing them with financial deal related information and analysis
- Updating and developing policies and procedures to ensure continuous improvement of investment accounting and other business processes
- Assisting in relation to external financial and control audits
- Driving multiple projects in the team, e.g. improvement projects or projects with a broader organizational reach
- Completed master degree (Msc) in Accounting
- Qualified accounting certification is preferred
- Circa 1-3 years of experience (junior-medior) in a hands-on accounting related role
- Ability to understand and elaborate on a P&L and financial statement
- Previous experience in PE/Investments is plus, but not a requirement
- Strong Excel skills (macros, SQL, VBA)
- Fluent (excellent) English language skills, both verbally and written
- Hands-on and self starter
- High ability in conceptual thinking
- Focusing on consistency in work and strong attention for detail
- Ability to work on and complete several activities and the same time
- Strong communicator
- Clear understanding of and motivation for the accounting field
Initial fixed-term contract with opportunity for a permanent contract
Salary of €40.000-45.000 gross per year incl. 13 month and bonus
Plenty of growth opportunity in the role (Jun-Med-Sr)
Strong on-boarding program (buddy system)
A case study live at the office is part of the selection procedure.
€ 42.000,00 - € 45.000,00 /jaar
incl 13th month, bonus
incl 13th month, bonus