Employee Group: Regular Employee
Location: Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Travel: 25% - 35%
Organization Unit: Material and Structural Analysis: Life Sciences Business Unit
The Life Science Business Unit within Thermo Fisher MSD provides high-value workflow solutions for biological 3D imaging, ranging from atomic resolution imaging of protein complexes to volume acquisition of cellular compartment structures. Protein 3D structure determination using Cryo-Electron Microscopy Single Particle Analysis (Cryo-EM SPA) is a rapidly growing field, as it pushes the boundaries in the understanding of disease mechanisms and life itself. Recently, Cryo-EM SPA has made its’ entry into pharmaceutical R&D labs where it’s used to structurally enable drug discovery projects.
To support the growth of electron microscopy, the Life Sciences Business Unit is looking to add a product marketing manager to the team that is focused on Sample Preparation. Our strategy is growing our Sample Prep Expertise to enable the expansion of adoption of our solutions in Academia and Pharma. The Product Marketing Manager (PMM) is responsible for driving the market adoption through managing the Sample Preparation strategy. The PMM will gather market requirements to define Sample Preparation solutions that support the segment growth strategy, will have these solutions developed, and will develop launch plans to introduce new Sample Preparation solutions to the market.
Key responsibilities include:
- Product and business development – Assess needs of customers and markets, develop business plans to create Sample Preparation solutions that will gain market share in new market areas. Drive the development of solutions with our divisional (MSD) R&D organization as well as Internal and external partnering for activities more removed from MSD core competences.
Monitor business performance (incl. bookings, margin, and market position), identify issues and drive improvement actions together with the business development and outbound marketing teams.
- Collect Voice of the Customer (VoC) input – Identify, document and communicate why customers buy and how they use Thermo Fisher Scientific Sample Preparation solutions.
- Innovation – Create the value proposition for existing and new Sample Prep solutions and new business models. Validate those with key customers. Create and deliver training for the Sales team.
- Strategic Planning – Develop global go-to-market strategy, outbound marketing strategy, specific regionalized go-to-market plans and oversee their execution. Conduct competitive analysis and develop competitive positioning for the Sample Preparation solutions. Create the core positioning, messaging and segmentation, establish pricing, bundling, and packaging.
- Marketing (Launch) Plan Execution – Work closely with divisional marketing to develop and deliver highly tailored go-to-market collaterals such as presentations, demonstrations, datasheets, white papers, customer testimonials, web pages, and studies that highlight the value proposition of our solutions to new and existing market segments. Complete regular reviews of progress versus plan to determine how the marketing plan supports the quarterly and long term business strategy. Review key metrics to ensure achievement of the marketing plan and effective product launches.
- Sales Support – Maintain relationships with key opinion leaders and works to develop them into reference customers to help sales in a region or globally. Supporting new Sample prep sales promotions in the field with direct customer interaction, commercial and technical presentations and collateral.
This position is ideal for a candidate with in depth experience in strategic product marketing of capital equipment in the Life Science industry. The successful candidate is an experienced professional who thrives in a dynamic team, can drive market & business development and enjoys being exposed to a constant variety of complex issues. The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education, experience and skills:
- University degree in a relevant scientific field and/or University degree in Business Administration
- Proven experience in strategic Product Marketing & Business Development, preferable in a healthcare environment, including product launches
- Experience in interacting with highly technical customers and customer groups; able to systematically extract their present and future requirements
- The ability to envision new opportunities and to drive their implementation to achieve continuous business improvement
- Excellent communication ability (both written and verbal) and influencing skills including the ability to communicate complex concepts to a variety of audiences is critical to the success in this position
- Typically requires 4-5 years of experience in marketing, product management or applications management in a relevant environment.
- Drive for results and an ability to work within a diverse, cross-functional team across multiple sites
- Willing and able to travel internationally (up to 35%)