Media Communications Specialist - MEC01345
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Media Relations Specialist will execute media relations and issues response within a priority geography for Cargill. You'll communicate Cargill's business strategies, executing standard methodology media relations execution and develop positive relationships with priority trade and local geographic media.
You will be the primary contact for trade media across Europe and West Africa in agriculture, food, protein and animal nutrition industries and manage PR agency work and budgets in multiple geographies. The team member will embrace templates and standards to communicate to targeted audiences. Using AP style, you'll write independently to coordinate and present results to show progress toward objectives. Through critical thinking and understanding urgent priorities, you'll consult on issues affecting the businesses and functions within your specific geographies as well as serve as the frontline spokesperson, using template-holding statements and FAQs.
- Develop trade media strategy in alignment with the global enterprise and group strategies to advance business objectives and drive effective media relations.
- Media train and advise leaders to effectively communicate through media to external audiences.
- Coordinate and execute media relations campaigns in the targeted geographies.
- Serve on issues management response teams alongside government relations, corporate responsibility and other global functions to handle Cargill’s reputation and license to operate.
- Manage the work and budgets of multiple PR agencies.
- Use global communications tools, templates and processes to facilitate consistent media relations across Cargill.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Minimum four years of related work experience
- Experience building media relationships, bringing existing relationships to this role
- Good understanding of communications channels and storytelling
- Experience developing media relations plans
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and PowerPoint
- Vendor selection and management experience, along with familiarization with the request for proposal process
- Proficient in English and French preferred
- Strong business insight to advise leadership and optimally partner with business and marketing teams
- Ability to motivate and guide employees and agencies that report indirectly
- Ability to translate complicated messaging into easily understood language
- Familiarity with farming, animal nutrition and food topics and issues
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill