The European Sourcing lead for Minerals is responsable for deciding, driving and connecting the portfolio across Europe in close connection with the Global team. Making sure that local and Global is aligned in the strategy that supports the local business overall.
Leading Global Trading organization
Category Expertise (40%)
- Expand and lead the category with a safety approach - sourcing and allocate new producers in the fields of Minerals.
- Develop relationships with key business partners and understand local competitive dynamics of the categories.
- Continuously monitor external factors and conditions such as Supply & Demand, price trends and regulatory requirement/restrictions.
- Create local sourcing strategies that leverage the local business to establish a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Making sure that Global contract prices to local business are in line and available well in advance.
- Monitor and alignment of local needs to be connected to Global e-demand.
- Continuous optimization of correct portfolio and supplier combinations and create statistic data to support business decision and risk management.
- Relationship management with suppliers and internal stakeholders making sure that RMS is connected throughout A to Z in the process.
- Continuous Improvement - Evaluate and deploy improvement actions with support from SMT and Formulation.
- Lead transition of sourcing strategy with Formulation, SMT and FSQR.
- Market updates and expertise to be communicated throughout sales teams to guide and support with the best solution that meets the customers needs.
- Stay connected with sales team and join sales meeting and customer visit if needed.
- Create market reports for internal and external use.
Pricing and Margin Management (15%)
- Communicate detailed market intelligence to support commercial approach according to customer segment, competitive positioning and market trends.
- Actively participate in the pricing meetings to finalize Pricing of raw materials
- Prepare pricing recommendations for tender pricing and other price set as needed.
Raw material purchases on local market (15%)
* Negotiate and manage agreements with suppliers.
* Select Suppliers in accordance with Cargill Guiding Principles, local regulations
* Sourcing Policies, Quality and Service requirements and optimal cost for the business.
* Ensure the best possible TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) and quality conditions for Cargill.
* Frequently update the knowledge in the specific supply markets and provide relevant feedback to Global RMS.
- Provide coaching as needed and indentify and support development opportunities to reach high performance within the activities.
- Ensure proper communication with and to the team to support high engagement and performance across Europe understanding the culture differences
- Demonstrate leadership by "how to do it approach" and by involving and engaging others.
- Make sure that decisions are made on BU level and owned by BU
- Represent RMS in cross function projects.
- Provide market insights to Supply Chain for proper Working Capital management while balancing market opportunities and risks.
- Continuous improvement of best practices and focus on utilization of the full potential of the digitial tools
- Minimum Bsc degree
- Min 7-10 year working experience in sourcing of raw material
- Experience in Animal Nutrition industry is highly appreciated.
- Excellent Communication skills, ability to negotiate on all levels.
- Willingness to challenge the teams towards change management.
- Strong knowledge of raw material market dynamic and procurement process
- Strong understanding of the main drivers in customer behaviours and cost components.