Scale matters. When it comes to our video platform, scale means ingesting tens of thousands of hours of video a day, and serving thousands of videos every second.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing Media Processing and Delivery team in our Eindhoven office. Responsible for our Media Transcoding and Delivery Systems, the Media Processing and Delivery team is responsible for the ingest of over 20,000 videos per day, as well as serving nearly 2 billion requests daily for content. On a daily basis, JW Player’s Delivery System serves over a Petabyte of video per day! Our tech stack includes modern languages and technologies such as: Python, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL, S3. We’ve used these technologies to build a variety of modern applications and systems - including building entire pipelines around high volume messaging systems. Our platform also includes a number of containerized services, and we continuously integrate and deploy against our container orchestration service.
The right candidate will relish the opportunity to build highly scalable, performance oriented systems around Media workflows. This means designing the processes and building the APIs, infrastructure, pipelines, testing, monitoring, and all other tooling you feel is necessary to ship code frequently of the highest possible caliber.
As a Software Engineer, you will:
- Contribute to the architecture of a production-scale service layer
- Build features which serve customer-driven product goals
- Code as part of a highly technical team in a fast paced, agile environment
- Prototype new ideas and explore new solutions to the growing list of problems the platform solves
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of software development and engineering
- A degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field; or experience equivalent
- Proven track record of ownership of maintainable, stable and scalable software
- Experience with microservices architecture: designing, creating, deploying, testing and monitoring
- Experience doing test-driven development (TDD) and/or behavior-driven development (BDD)
- Strong database design and RDBMS concepts, experience doing domain-driven design
- Strong understanding of source control management systems
- Strong Unix/Linux skills
- Contributed to existing open-source projects as well as your own
- Experience building scalable systems with cloud infrastructures like AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with event-driven or message-driven architecture
- Knowledge of video encoding, ad networks, content management platforms, and/or streaming protocols
- Experience with web video
- Experience with Docker and/or Linux Containers
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2018. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
About Our Benefits
When you join JW Player, you are not just joining a company or a team but a family. Our goal is to take care of you and ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success. When you join us, your benefits kick in from day one!
- Bi-annual hack weeks
- Employee-led instruction on everything from deep learning to knitting
- P&E all hands where we walk through architecture and customer use cases of our products
- AMA (Ask Me Anything) and Fireside chats with Executives & JW Player family
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.