Our client is an international trading and processing company. In a changing and challenging market our client is taking bold steps to streamline processes and thereby offer the most competitive prices to their clients. Part of their plan includes processing material that fit with new regulations and requirements of their customers. To help them meet this goal they are looking for a motivated Site Operations Manager to join their management team. This is an important, new role that is key to the success of their business today and in the future.
The site operation includes the processing of incoming and outgoing material made up of four key elements
- Weighing of material
- Grading of material
- Processing (sorting, pressing, cutting)
- Unloading and loading of material
The site operations manager will work closely with the logistics department in order to ensure the efficient processing of incoming and outgoing orders. Outgoing/incoming orders should be within contract specification (quality, volume, delivery time). This is where their margin lies and it is essential that these tasks are performed accurately and within tight deadlines.
Working under the guidance of the operations director, the site operations manager will have two direct reports and will ultimately be responsible for the 20 yards staff.
- Management of the yard site and the production/sorting lines
- Maintenance of the yard site including safety checks and permits
- Budget planning and monitoring of this department
- Line management of 20 yard staff including the yard supervisor and assistant yard supervisor
- Daily focus to improve every day (using using LEAN, 6 Sigma, 5S, OEE methodologies)
- Project management of improvement initiatives identified in your plan and in-line with the company business plan.
Are you an intelligent hands-on person who enjoys working with people? Are you known for your technical acumen and innovative, analytical thinking? Do you have the ability to engage and communicate with people at all levels of a small to medium sized organization.
Experience, skills and education
- Bachelor/Master degree in logistics/ engineering, business management or similar
- More than 5 years of work experience in a related field is required
- Knowledge of financial budget of corporate departments
- Strong leadership skills, able to coach and line manage staff
- Experienced in project management and implementing change
- Experienced / used to LEAN, 6 Sigma, 5S, OEE methodologies
- Strong ICT skills (online media, Microsoft office, ERP systems)
- Excellent oral and written language skills in Dutch and English
Our Client offers competitive compensation, a complete benefits package and the possibility to develop in a dynamic, international and ambitious environment.
+31 (0)6 212 753 53