Signalling Engineer (m, f)
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a Signalling Engineer in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In accordance with the project needs, the Signalling Engineer will define Operational Scenarios, calculate Headway, optimize line cutting and field equipment positioning, define schematic plans and routing tables according to signalling rules.
• Analyse the functionalities requested by the customers in the Projects and in the Bids.
• Liaise with GA SW developer teams to identify potential gaps between customer’s request and Generic
Application and provide inputs for the update and verification of the new GA.
• Support Project Engineer in the Negotiation with the customer to achieve the optimal achievable cost-performance with the selected architecture.
• Contributor to Requirements Management Plan and for the Requirement Traceability Matrix at System level.
• Contributor to System Architecture Description, Interface Control Documents, Product Tree Definition and List of Materials Verification.
• Contributor to the Engineering Management Plan and to the Configuration Management Plan, as well as to Master Test Plan.
• Provide inputs to Project Execution Teams and verify them: to Detailed Design team for the functional design plans, to Project Execution team for the Specific Application data preparation and to CBSS integration team for the operational scenarios.
• Do functional analysis in the projects and functional analysis in the Bids.
• Support the negotiation with the customers, provide inputs to Project Execution Teams, support the development of new GAs.