Quantlab is looking for an experienced Senior Trader to join the Amsterdam team. The Senior Trader will oversee our automated trading, maintain our front office processes and systems, and interface with exchanges and brokers. In this role, your primary responsibility is monitoring trading activity, ensuring risk and performance metrics are in line. You will be part of a team identifying and solving issues as they occur. You’ll also develop monitoring tools, automate tasks, and streamline processes, and should be able to switch gears quickly between real-time tasks and longer term projects.
While you’ll need to have an aptitude for trading and risk management, you will not be responsible for designing or calibrating the trading algorithms. Your ability to understand complex issues and communicate clearly about them is key.
What you’ll do:
- Manage risk
- Oversee our automated trading
- Track, report, analyze and forecast critical factors affecting the various components of order execution
- Identify areas of improvement
- Identify and communicate aberrations to relevant teams
- Work as a team to troubleshoot live trading issues and problem solve on longer-term projects
- Develop and improve monitoring tools
- Improve resiliency of front office processes
- Ensure correctness of data presented
- Interface with exchanges, brokers, regulators
- Achieve the optimal rates and set-up for our trading activities
- Manage costs
- Work with compliance to ensure trading complies with regulations
What you’ll have:
- Undergraduate degree preferably in a technical field
- Five or more years relevant experience in a risk management or quantitative trading position
- Strong proficiency in Python and ideally ability in other programming languages
- Proficiency in SQL
- Great communication skills – your ability to succeed in this role is strongly dependent on your ability to form working relationships inside and outside the organization
- Understanding of basic statistics
- Understanding of securities trading/markets
- Proficiency working with large data sets
- Experience with extracting specific information from multiple sources quickly and correctly
- Problem solver, possessing the tenacity to see problems to completion
- Can work under time pressure
- Organized - keep track of multiple tasks and follow up
- Open to learning and teaching; team player
What you’ll get:
- The unique opportunity to work alongside talented and passionate experts who take pride in delivering results
- Fun, informal, exciting, small-company work environment
- Top-notch compensation package and an exceptional discretionary bonus program
- Company paid lunch
- Training and development opportunities
- Casual dress
Please note that some benefits (such as catered lunches) are not currently available due to the global pandemic. Quantlab intends to reinstate the paused benefits when feasible.
Who we are:
Quantlab is a quantitative trading firm where Technology and Scientific Research are central to our business and key to our success. Founded in 1998, Quantlab is a pioneer in quantitative algorithmic trading. Behind our success is our people. We hire some of the smartest and most passionate programmers and quants in the world.
The firm is privately held with headquarters in Houston, and offices in Boston, Chicago, Denver, New Jersey, New York, Austin, and Amsterdam. We are 1 part Wall Street, 2 parts software development firm, 3 parts Los Alamos National Laboratory, and 4 parts Tony Stark's garage.
Why you should work with us:
Quantlab is constantly pushing the boundaries of technology, from high performance computing clusters attached to petabytes of storage, to ultra-low latency hardware, to highly optimized operating systems. Team members at Quantlab enjoy the collaborative and results driven atmosphere. We follow the mantra of “we can do it better.” Quantlab attracts very talented people who bring innovative and interdisciplinary solutions to trading. Our casual environment has an entrepreneurial spirit that encourages creativity, agility, and continuous improvement. Quantlab is a place “where the best get better.”
Quantlab is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. Only search firms with valid, written agreements with Quantlab should submit resumes in response to Quantlab’s posted positions. All resumes submitted by search firms to Quantlab via e-mail, the Internet, personal delivery, facsimile, or any other method without a valid written agreement shall be deemed the sole property of Quantlab, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Quantlab.