Senior Technical Cloud Engineer AWS (ENG)
- Den Haag
Wat ga je doen?
The CCoE is a cross functional team, responsible for the Cloud Foundation (Landingzone) of PostNL in terms of strategy, governance and cloud best practices. As a Senior Cloud Platform engineer you contribute to the mission of the CCoE by knowing every pillar in the AWS Well-Architected Framework and by consulting the teams how to use it in the most efficient and effective way.
The CCoE provides the DevOps teams with generic services and reference designs based on best practices. You possess the skills to create these generic services and reference designs by way of code (Infrastructure as Code) and document these allowing the generic services to be used by all DevOps teams or by making reference designs available for others to adopt these or iterate on them. It is also your job to recognize impediments which teams experience when adopting AWS. You analyze these and you propose solutions to these problems. Within the CCoE we work according to Agile methodologies. With your team you define and prioritize features and refine and build user stories so that they can be reliably executed during a sprint.
PostNL is becoming a postal tech company.The core mission of the CCoE is to free the development teams within PostNL from concerns around generic platform deployment, governance, and enable focus on maximizing the cloud’s benefits with their more than 200 AWS applications. You are the one who guides the adoption and the change within the organization.
Wat breng jij mee?
We would love to hear from you if the following characteristics resonate:
- A Bachelor or Masters Degree in Computer Science or a related field;
- Extensive experience as a DevOps or Platform Engineer;
- In the possession of multiple AWS Associate, Professional and preferably Specialty Certifications as Security;
- A good working knowledge of networking, network security and network services;
- Experience with analysing business processes and developing AWS cloud solutions with the focus on serverless architecture.
- A deep understanding of application stacks, Cloud operating models and the trade-offs involved.
- Love working with application developers and are also able to write code yourself (e.g CDK, ADF Cloudformation, Python, Typescript)
- Self-starting and self-organizing and a diverse & all-inclusive engineering culture;
- Fluent in DevOps and AWS CI/CD tools;
- Curious to learn the Dutch language and to understand our Logistic jargon
You have the eagerness to share knowledge and explain technical solutions to a broad IT audience and you feel comfortable working in a rapidly changing and competitive environment
Wat bezorgen we jou?
- Competitive salary based on experience and the talent you bring to the table. Salary € 4.264 till maximum € 6.201 based on fulltime and in accordance with the PostNL Collective Labor Agreement;
- Part- or fulltime position 32 till 37 hours with view to permanent contract;
- Great benefits including 25 vacation days and 8% holiday pay and attractive Pension benefits;
- A dynamic, flexible and entrepreneurial environment with an innovative and collaborative PostNL team, and external suppliers creating value to the platform;
- Professional growth opportunities, for example as technical lead or skills diversification to other languages, platforms or in-depth development and specialism;
- Room for personal development through education and training in the PostNL learning environment, content driven and knowledge sharing sessions;
- Laptop, mobile phone and compensation towards your travel costs.
As a senior Cloud Engineer you will work together with professionals in the field. Within the CCoE team you work together with 6 team members. You are part of this transformation, where you make the difference.
We look forward to receiving your application by means of CV and motivation.
PostNL aims to be the favorite logistics company for everyone. Therefore everyone is welcome to join us irrespective of where you were born, what your beliefs are and who you love. We are just looking for great talent.
A pre-employment screening is part of the application process. This entails providing a positive Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) on joining the company.
1. SollicitatieBedankt voor je sollicitatie! Je krijgt binnen vijf werkdagen een reactie van onze recruiter.
2. Telefonisch contactHebben we vragen over je CV of motivatie, dan bellen we je.
3. GesprekkenAfhankelijk van de functie heb je één of meerdere gesprekken met onze recruiter, je toekomstige manager en directe collega’s. In verband met het coronavirus voeren we dit gesprek zoveel mogelijk online via video.
4. AanbiedingJe ontvangt per e-mail een arbeidsvoorwaarden aanbod.
5. Nieuwe baanJe ondertekent je contract digitaal. Welkom bij PostNL!
- Evenementen voor werknemers
- Flexibel rooster
- Product korting
- Betaalde vakantie
- Betaald ziekteverlof
- Professionele ontwikkeling
- Pensioen / Pensioenplan
- Reis kosten vergoeding
- Reis kosten vergoeding voor OV
- Werken vanuit huis