The mission of Office of Special Investigations (OSI) is to receive allegations from different reporting channels, including but not limited to business ethics hotline established by the Group, conduct investigations and report facts to management.
ABB is a pioneering, technological leader with an extensive range for the digital industry. With more than 130 years of experience in innovation, ABB is today the digital pioneer with 4 customer-oriented, world-leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion and Robotics & Discrete automation, supported by the ABB AbilityTM digital platform. ABB's business Power Grids, market leader, will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB is active in more than 100 countries with around 147,000 employees.
The Office of Special Investigations is an independent and objective organization, an integral part of the Group Function Legal & Integrity and through this, reports to the Chief Integrity Officer, General Counsel and Finance, Audit and Compliance Committee of the ABB Ltd.
- As ABB Special Investigation Officer, you will be working under the direction of the Office of Special Investigations (OSI) Team Lead. The investigations are done in a coordinated effort with other ABB Special Investigation Officers, the Legal Counsel Integrity, the Integrity Operations Manager, and the ABB Group Legal and Integrity organization in delivering a wide-range of investigations at ABB.
- Under the authorization of the OSI Team Lead, you will plan, conduct and manage investigations on behalf of ABB into alleged violations by employees of the Group Code of Conduct.
- This included interview preparation, research, analysis, interviews of complainants, witnesses, victims and subjects, collection and forensic analysis of emails and other data, report writing, and other duties as deemed appropriate by the company.
- The preparation of your investigation reports as per the OSI standards and communicate with the disciplinary committees at various levels in the Group.
- The investigations will be executed on a global basis. It is expected to be travelling up to 25% of the time.
- In support of OSI goals and objectives, the Special Investigation Officer provides a high level of experience, expertise, guidance, and leadership relative to company-wide, multi-jurisdictional, complex investigations, which may impact employees, business operations, and company reputation.
- You will develop and maintain a direct working relationship with other ABB Special Investigation Officers, Legal Counsel Integrity, OSI Process Manager, Group and Team Leads OSI, ABB Group Chief Integrity Officer, and other business partners as appropriate. The Special Investigation Officer will support development of the function to its next level of maturity.
- 6+ years' experience;
- a Master's degree in law;
- experience in corporate investigations or white-collar crime law enforcement;
- fluency in both written and verbal English.
- Beside these minimum requirements your background is one or more of below:
- You have a strong personal character with sense of determination, independency and flexibility;
- You have excellent communication skills; additional languages are an asset;
- You have knowledge of data collection / data forensic / eDiscovery processes, analysis, results and reporting;
- You have the ability to prioritize tasks and deliver on deadlines;
- You have intercultural sensitivity without compromising on the Integrity;
- You have a sense of courage and determination combined with good judgment and relentless dedication to protecting ABB's assets and reputation.
100,000 - 101,000 /jaar