We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Software Engineer to join Plaxis group, part of Bentley Systems. Position is based in Delft, Netherlands. Plaxis group is responsible for advancing software and services for geotechnical engineering, globally recognized under PLAXIS brand name. Our software engineering team is involved in product definition, software development and delivery for PLAXIS software. The team works closely together with research engineers and quality engineers in a supportive, stimulating and informal environment. As part of Bentley Systems, the team closely collaborates with leading software development teams from around the globe on advancing the iTwins Services and a range of other cutting-edge technologies and projects.
As an experienced Mid or Senior level Software Engineer you are responsible for the design, implementation, integration and delivery of software as part of one of our Scrum teams. Work areas include:
- Core library code shared between the 2D and 3D product lines
- User interface design and development
- Geometry handling (intersections, preprocessing for the mesh generator, meshing, etc.)
- Development of tools that integrate with or drive the main PLAXIS products
- General maintenance and bug fixing in the existing codebase
- Contributing to a range of shared technologies used across Bentley
What You Bring to the Team:
- BSc or MSc degree in the field of computer science or an engineering field
- Knowledge of and proven experience in OO design and development
- Fluency in at least one of: C++, Delphi, Python
- Strong drive to work in and with a diverse team to deliver high quality, advanced software
- Proficient in English (written and verbal)
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Affinity with or interest for physics, civil/mechanical engineering or similar fields
- Experience developing software for the simulation of physical processes
- Experience working in an agile (Scrum) environment
- Familiarity with a contemporary CI/CD workflows and toolsets
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A challenging job in an informal and international environment
- Stimulating innovative and knowledge-driven work environment
- Being part of one of the most successful engineering software companies in the world
- We develop state of the art software and work with the latest versions of tools and languages (for example TypeScript, C++ 17)
- Our software engineering process works according an advanced, quality-oriented workflow with distributed version control, automated build and test environments and code reviews
- We provide excellent support and mentoring to help you grow as a software engineer
Plaxis is part of Bentley Systems, an international software company aiming at comprehensive software solutions for advancing the design, construction, and operations of infrastructure. Plaxis is specialised in geotechnics and focused on developing and supporting the PLAXIS finite element-based software applications for soil and rock analyses. Plaxis has a young international team and is based in a modern new office near the campus of Delft University of Technology.
The PLAXIS software is used all over the world by engineers faced with challenging infrastructural projects (for example foundations, deep excavations, tunnels, dikes and offshore constructions). In addition to the PLAXIS software, we offer our users educational services through workshops, courses and training and we offer them expert advice.
About Bentley Systems:
Bentley Systems is the leading global provider of software solutions to engineers, architects, geospatial professionals, constructors, and owner-operators for the design, construction, and operations of infrastructure. Bentley’s MicroStation-based engineering and BIM applications, and its digital twin cloud services, advance the project delivery (ProjectWise) and the asset performance (AssetWise) of transportation and other public works, utilities, industrial and resources plants, and commercial and institutional facilities.
Bentley Systems employs more than 3,500 colleagues, generates annual revenues of $700 million in 170 countries, and has invested more than $1 billion in research, development, and acquisitions since 2012. From inception in 1984, the company has remained majority-owned by its five founding Bentley brothers. Bentley shares transact by invitation on the NASDAQ Private Market; strategic partner Siemens AG has accumulated a non-voting minority stake.www.bentley.com
Job Segment:Engineer, Software Engineer, Construction, Geology, Mechanical Engineer, Engineering