Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Basel (Switzerland) and in Boston (US).
We are in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you.
We are looking for a (Senior) Scientist Immunology – Leiden, NL
Scope of the job
You will work in an exciting and dynamic environment of a well-known successful international biotech company. You will be part of a team that aims to discover new therapeutic targets in the field of Autoimmune Diseases and will participate in the development of disease-relevant assays and the discovery and characterization of new therapeutic targets.
Who are you?
- You have a PhD in Life Sciences and proven research experience, preferably in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology company, in in vitro immunology and/or immune diseases and/or cell biology.
- Experience in Inflammatory Bowel Disease or Rheumatoid Arthritis is a plus.
- You have a profound knowledge of biological pathways and cytokine signalling involved in the key events of autoimmune pathogenesis and disease progression/establishment.
- You are able to plan and implement disease-mimicking biological assays using patient-derived cells (e.g., monocytes, macrophages, T cells, epithelial cells, fibroblasts).
- You have good organizational and communication skills and can take the lead to coordinate activities within a research team.
- You have the ability to work on multiple projects through intense collaboration and to adapt priorities to achieve challenging deliverables. You bring new ideas and have a strong creativity to tackle challenges issues.
- You are an excellent team player with objective driven mind-set.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as good command in English (writing and speaking).
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!