Do you have extensive customer facing experience within the internet, cloud or telecommunications services industry? Do you have the desire to be in a globally impacting team and shape the way Equinix interacts with its largest customers?
We are currently looking for a Senior Sales Engineer for our Global Accounts Team to sell Equinix solutions to new accounts and/or growing existing accounts.
Equinix is the one of the largest growing Data Centre companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That’s why we're always looking for creative and visionary people who can help us achieve our goal – global interconnection. With over 195 data centres in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home of the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations, and complex cloud and application solutions.
What we offer
The opportunity, to leave your mark in a company that is growing quickly and still maintains to keep a pioneer spirit. Not forgetting of course, a competitive salary and great secondary benefits.
Technical Consulting and Sales Support
· Identifies customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements and maps to Equinix solutions
· Subject matter expert for product(s), technologies, industry, etc.
· Utilizes internal process and client requirements to help shape company policies, procedures and products
· Provides full sales support for large regional and/or global customers
· Provides guidance to other personnel and mentors members of the Sales Engineering team Solution Design and Deliverables
· Hosts meetings with C-level stakeholders
· Provides high level technical solution design expertise to all assigned Sales account executives
· Develops and refines standard practices and procedures
· Develops complex RFI/P/Q preparation as requested by Sales Representatives
· Independently delivers all deliverables for the customer Customer Service
· Communicates with customers (internal and external) in an outstanding, professional, friendly and effective manner, both verbally and in writing
· Drives pre-sales efforts for all company products and services
· Provides outstanding technical support in sales presentations, customer meetings, and trade shows Business and Market Expertise
· Excellent understanding and awareness of technology trends in the market
· Exceptional understanding of Equinix data center, Network, and Cloud products and services · Strong familiarity with the competitive landscape Collaboration / Communication
· Creates new business opportunities and grows existing customer relationships
· Influences internal teams (CSM, OM, IM, Ops, etc.) to ensure smooth project transition from pre-sales to post-sales
· Develops a positive culture on the team · Demonstrates outstanding presentation skills Team Leadership
· Leads initiatives and team projects to better the organization
· Demonstrates team and thought leadership; is a recognized SME
- Degree in Engineering / IT or equivalent experience
- Extensive Customer facing experience within internet, cloud or telecommunications services industry
- In-depth knowledge of Networks and/or Cloud Computing.
- Ability to work independently with minimal management guidance
- Problem resolution
- Ability to understand and explain related technical issues, thorough knowledge of products, potential applications and associated technologies
- Outstanding interpersonal skills – ability to professionally communicate and interact with all levels of internal and external customers
- Creation of high quality business proposals in line with agreed customer needs and expectations
- Ability to project manage, multitask and follow through
- Ability to work and adapt in rapidly changing environment
- Excellent English written and oral communications skills
- Negotiation skills
Please note this position is to be based in any EMEA location, preferable: Frankfurt, Amsterdam or London.
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
We look forward to meeting you!