Wat doe je als (Senior) Project Manager Offshore Cables bij TenneT?
As a (Senior) Project manager Offshore Cables for our project Hollandse Kust Zuid it is your challenge to lead this international, large and complex multi-million project, steering several offshore cable contracts (total value> 100 million) amongst which the Offshore Cables (awarded to consortium Van Oord/ Hellenic Cables), HDD through the Sea Defence (awarded to LMR Drilling) and the UXO identification and clearance campaign (awarded to Fugro). You are responsible for the realisation and installation of the Offshore cable systems which connects the two offshore grid connection systems Hollandse Kust (zuid) Alpha and Beta (1400 MW in total) to the onshore grid at the Maasvlakte area, becoming operation in 2021 and 2022. This position reports directly to the Overall Project Management of the Offshore Grid Connection project Hollandse Kust (zuid). You are member of the core team of the project and work closely together with the other project leads (Manager Platform, Manager Land Station, Manager Integration) in the team in order to contribute to the entire system integration of the grid connection safe, with the quality agreed, in due time, within budget and in a TenneT way; Connected, taking Ownership and showing Courage.
- Managing the team (>10 persons) of Offshore Cables in the project, consisting of project leads, cable engineers, contract manager, site representatives, permit manager and several disciplines in the area of project support.
- Contract management and successful deliveries of the offshore cable contracts (>3 contracts, total value >100 million). Ensure compliance with requirements and goals set for HSSE, time, cost, risk and quality.
- Managing the design, route engineering, production, installation, commissioning and hand over according to specifications.
- Managing interface points between Offshore Cable contracts and with the other contracts in the project, amongst which the platform and the land station.
- Align with relevant stakeholders, timely obtaining permits.
Wat verwachten we van jou?
- A proven trackrecord and at least 10+ years of experience in project management of complex projects, preferable in infrastructural and/or offshore sector.
- A great reputation in contract and projectmanagement skills, preferable in a multi lot contract set up. Experience in FIDIC is a an advantage.
- You can demonstrate a technical background, preferable in the field of Cable engineering, Electrical engineering, and have a Bachelor degree in a relevant (technical) area.
- In this position stakeholdermanagement skills are exrremely important: A strong background in steering a team in a motivating way, a great feeling for organising your scope, and the natural ability to liaise in an effective way with all relevant internal and external stakeholders to bridge (conflicting) interests.
- Strong leadership, courage and ownership for reaching the results within your scope.
- Excellent communication in Dutch and English.
Wat kun je verwachten?
TenneT offers a challenging and responsible function within an innovative and dynamic international working environment. We offer a competitive salary package with excellent secondary benefits (up to 15% bonus, contribution to healthcare insurance, good pension scheme) as well as good training and development possibilities. Duty station for this function is Arnhem.
An assessment can be part of the application procedure.
At entry, TenneT performs a Pre-Employment Screening
Waar kom je te werken?
TenneT is Europe’s first cross-border grid operator for electricity. With approximately 23,000 kilometers of (extra) high-voltage lines and 42 million end-users in the Netherlands and Germany, we rank among the top five grid operators in Europe. Our focus is to develop a North-West European energy market, to integrate renewable energy, and to optimize our safety performance. Safety is a core value of TenneT. We set high standards, for our employees as well as our contractors. Taking power further. TenneT is a certified Top Employer, which means that we are demonstrably committed to creating the best working environment for our employees.
The future grid connection 'Hollandse kust (zuid) consists of two connections providing together a maximum of 1400 MW of offshore wind energy to the Dutch coast. From the platform there will be a total of four alternating current cables that run to the high voltage substation at the Maasvlakte on the mainland. Onshore they will be connected to the Randstad 380 kV South Ring. Hollandse Kust (Zuid) Alpha will go into service in 2021 and Hollandse Kust (Zuid) Beta in 2022.
TenneT has officially been appointed as offshore grid operator in the Netherlands, and will develop-as contribution to the Energy Agreement- 3.500 MW of offshore connections until 2023; all with a standardised concept of 700 MW per connection. In april 2019 TenneT also has been appointed to connect in addition 6100 MW of offshore wind energy during the period of 2024 until 2030